Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fully agree. In that range, no real gamble.

£35m and this idea that Brands has some superplan for our spending can be safely shelved.

Big fan of Brands but would question spending so much on Batshuayi for anything over £20m. The wages he would command would surely be ridiculous too.

I would hope the pennies (if we spend at all) are spent wisely. We simply cannot afford to be making bad decisions with any purchases.

Big fan of Brands but would question spending so much on Batshuayi for anything over £20m. The wages he would command would surely be ridiculous too.

I would hope the pennies (if we spend at all) are spent wisely. We simply cannot afford to be making bad decisions with any purchases.

Only meant to be on around 80k a week.

He would fit the young player on low wages profile.

Thing is, for the top top strikers these days it's gonna cost far more than we can afford, so we've almost got to go for players who might reach their potential and where 35m sounds a lot, he could be worth double after a good 18 months

When we bought Lukaku for 28m I honestly thought that was 10m too much

If the likes of Solanke go for 19m then I'm not surprised they want around 35m

He spent a lot of time deeper and outside the box for Valencia, taking part in build up play more than being a Centre Forward.

One thing I've noticed about him is he's equally comfortable using either foot.

I also get the impression he needs a home where he's top dog to get the best out of him, and playing regularly.

Could be a decent signing but will depend on outgoings. Wouldn't be surprised if we're trying for a loan with option to buy though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back