Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are we even trying to buy anyone? The season is over, we're 4 or 5 points from safety and if we sell Gana we really will have no chance at the Top 7 trophy

So let's hang tight until the summer so we can properly assess what we need.

Isn't that obvious? We've spent way too much money in a panic, we need to be prudent here and ask ourselves what we're doing

Who else is there though? Eintract certainly wouldn't sell Haller or Jovic for £35m.

Werner, Andre Silva etc would all be above £35m.

I reckon we could get Haller or Jovic for 35m myself.

But they are massive gambles, at last, granted not a lot, Batsman has scored in this league.

Who else is there though? Eintract certainly wouldn't sell Haller or Jovic for £35m.

Werner, Andre Silva etc would all be above £35m.

That's not my job. That's the job of our staff who earn millions and are paid to watch football all day. I'm not overly fussed on the fee. I just want better players. Not short term ones to placate under pressure, under performing managers.

I think he's a player who will not push us up any further. He consolidates a midtable team in midtable but I would have hoped we were aiming for me. It's a bland obvious signing I'd associate with Walsh. It's short term. There have to be better options out there. We won't improve until we find good players first rather than taking the cast offs from other teams.

...if as reported, Silva is threatening to resign if the club sell Gueye it makes you wonder what he expects the DoF role to be.

Come on @Eggs ypu know that 95% of rumours are not true.
You should know this with your daily round ups how many of these rumours are complete nonsense.

PS your round ups have been greatly appreciated and await your final round up of the window in the morning.

Can't help shaking the feeling this batshuayi bid is a smoke screen whilst we sell gana.

The old collapses at the last minute, 'well we tried' whilst pocketing the 30 million from gana's sale...

Old habits die hard :coffee:

Why are we even trying to buy anyone? The season is over, we're 4 or 5 points from safety and if we sell Gana we really will have no chance at the Top 7 trophy

So let's hang tight until the summer so we can properly assess what we need.

Isn't that obvious? We've spent way too much money in a panic, we need to be prudent here and ask ourselves what we're doing

Couldn't agree more.

Gotta love the optimism regarding Batsuayi,his last three clubs he’s been at have been Chelsea Dortmund and Valencia hardly the dregs of Europe,we need a striker who shows good movement and good finishing we don’t have either at the moment and those comparing brands with Walsh is insanity, Walsh signed awful players which didn’t fit into any system,at least you can see what brands is doing

It's not the fee that we're wanting to pay, it's the fee Chelsea are asking for.

I'm not even surprised by the target, even if I have my reservations on Batshuayi (and I have plenty). He's our level of player.

I accept that too. I was hoping we would sign a young, hungry striker with bags of potential akin to Lukaku - Who that is, is another question.

He isn't all that.

He's a proper crab, for one. Has a half-decent long-range strike on him.

Could he be an option? Certainly I'd like to think so. But would he offer anything that we're currently missing - nah, not really. We need power and presence in midfield, not the Belgian version of Davies.

I love the way Tieleman's is terrible - argued by fans of a club without a CM of any comparable calibre whatsoever.

I love the way Tieleman's is terrible - argued by fans of a club without a CM of any comparable calibre whatsoever.
I didn't say he's terrible. I said he wouldn't offer us anything that we currently don't have.

He's not as good as Gomes, or as strong. He's not as energetic as Davies, even. And he doesn't have an eye for a defence-splitting pass like Gylfi.

I think he's decent, but he wouldn't fix many of our issues.

Didnt realise we could sign Deulofeu in the summer. If we couldn't attract a top class RW I wouldn't mind selling Walcott and bring Del boy back in regardless of his stamina issues.
Why would you want to bring a player back who’s already failed at the club
We really need to get away from
This sentimentally b******s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back