Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
People here understandably have imagined their own comfy narrative regarding our transfer policy and made it fact!

I will on the other hand purely speculate as I have no connection to the inner machinations of our club.

Here we go...

Moshi got initially excited and invested lots of money to make our first team viable challengers for top 4. In his naivety he believed this could be a relatively easy transition to the big time if you threw money at it.

Fast forward to present and we are now starting to see a change of direction.

The club is currently drowned in a plethora of insanely overpaid player contracts. Many players have lost a considerable amount of their transfer value because they have been proven to be extremely poor acquisitions.

Moshi has looked at the accounts and shat himself. When he sells his investment return will be poor. He has realised that success in football, for a not so glamorous club, is difficult.

Therefore what we will see going forward is a lot less player acquisition until the deadwood is moved on. This could take years such has been the disastrous transfer policy of previous managers.

SUMMER MAY NOT BE AS YOU EXPECTED.

Don't get too excited. Your all expecting the 50m plus striker, 40m plus box to box midfielder etc. It ain't gonna happen as financially our position is unsustainable.

There you go. Probably my conjecture is a load of b*ll*x. I hope to god I'm talking pony.

I think it just means we’ll be doing our business in the summer window, I expect a lot of movement and I don’t think this was ever a 1 window ‘project’. We’ve got to accept that, as it stands, we are miles away from getting into the top 6. I think it’s reasonable to suggest that a lot of work has already gone on behind the scenes for June but we’ll know soon enough.

For me, Silva/Brands need another 18/24months. I accept we’re wanting better results, a better brand of football etc etc and some are already saying they don’t think Silva is the man for the job but I’ve seen enough to suggest he can get the team going and we can get results.

Looking around Europe it’s clear to see that no teams with the exception of those in trouble did much in the winter window. You only need to look at our 2 ins for the last Jan window to see how short term it can be. I don’t think we have little ambition for the rest of the season (circumstances dictate 7th is our only target) but I do take what you’re saying.

The summer window is simply huge for us. There are at least 10/15 players that need to go

1. Stek
2. Jags
3. Williams
4. Pennington
5. Morgan
6. Besic
7. Sandro
8. Kevin Miralles
9. Bolasie
10. Niasse
11. Theo?
12. Cenk?
13. McCarthy?
14. Browning
15. Martina
Zouma/Gomes loan returns Etc

and we need about 4/6 in.
Backup keeper
Centre back
Right back
Centre mid
Right wing
Striker

Realistically Brands/Silva were never getting the job done in 1 or two or even 3 windows. I think we need another two summer windows to get this squad to where it needs to be.

This is an exceptionally difficult league and we only need to look at recent score lines to see how competitive it is.

I’m expecting major surgery over the summer.
Put them all on ebay with a reserve and a delivery date of 1st June just to see how many we can get rid of on day one of the next window.

Put them all on ebay with a reserve and a delivery date of 1st June just to see how many we can get rid of on day one of the next window.

Do we wave the posting and packaging just to get them gone, maybe throw in a training set I.e a ball each, some cones, and a corner flag. Just to push them along

People here understandably have imagined their own comfy narrative regarding our transfer policy and made it fact!

I will on the other hand purely speculate as I have no connection to the inner machinations of our club.

Here we go...

Moshi got initially excited and invested lots of money to make our first team viable challengers for top 4. In his naivety he believed this could be a relatively easy transition to the big time if you threw money at it.

The club is currently drowned in a plethora of insanely overpaid player contracts. Many players have lost a considerable amount of their transfer value because they have been proven to be extremely poor acquisitions.

Moshi has looked at the accounts and shat himself. When he sells his investment return will be poor. He has realised that success in football, for a not so glamorous club, is difficult.

Therefore what we will see going forward is a lot less player acquisition until the deadwood is moved on. This could take years such has been the disastrous transfer policy of previous managers.

Don't get too excited. Your all expecting the 50m plus striker, 40m plus box to box midfielder etc. It ain't gonna happen as financially our position is unsustainable.

There you go. Probably my conjecture is a load of b*ll*x. I hope to god I'm talking pony.
I think you may be 80% right. Im not sure which 80% tho, all quite scarey either way.
Good assessment btw

Here we go...

That's exactly what i've been saying for weeks. But in less words.

Everton transfer deadline day

Our needs in relation to a striker are urgent and long run. I have no doubt the striker situation will be addressed in the summer. But then we get someone in (no doubt mid or late pre-season) and have to wait for them to bed in. That might get us off to a slow start as we try and find our shape again. The striker should have been sorted out from the moment early this season it became apparent that the pop gun attack Silva inherited could not be used by him and we desperately needed a cutting edge.

Overall: a decision has been made to downgrade the playing side of the club in order to focus on the "facility led recovery" of it off the pitch, in the shape of saving cash to throw at any stadium contracts...should one ever be given the green light. Brands is here to keep the plates spinning. All ambitions for a team capable of achieving anything has most definitely been placed in mothballs. That's the only conclusion that can be made about the window just closed.

Wild assumption that. When did Lukaku join us on loan and how many goals did he score for us in the first season? Good players don’t need half a season to bed in, we are not playing with a rectangular ball are we? And we are definitely consolidating to sign a proper one, not split whatever funds we have a buy a half decent one like we did with Tosun last January.

Very strange window.

_105423350_bbcsport_top_transfers_2019.png
Bacuna to Cardiff? Swear he played against us the other day

I was in bed early. Will somebody break down in bullet points who we got in. I couldn't be arsed reading through pages of transfer in news.

Everton transfer deadline day

Our needs in relation to a striker are urgent and long run. I have no doubt the striker situation will be addressed in the summer. But then we get someone in (no doubt mid or late pre-season) and have to wait for them to bed in. That might get us off to a slow start as we try and find our shape again. The striker should have been sorted out from the moment early this season it became apparent that the pop gun attack Silva inherited could not be used by him and we desperately needed a cutting edge.

Overall: a decision has been made to downgrade the playing side of the club in order to focus on the "facility led recovery" of it off the pitch, in the shape of saving cash to throw at any stadium contracts...should one ever be given the green light. Brands is here to keep the plates spinning. All ambitions for a team capable of achieving anything has most definitely been placed in mothballs. That's the only conclusion that can be made about the window just closed.

Wish I had no doubt about that. :mad:

Here we go...

No its bang on the money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back