Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buying from Levy is painful... Plus, when I have seen him, Wanyama offers nothing more going forward than Gueye. Option 1 is to keep Gueye, but if an offer too good to pass up for a 29 year old comes in then we need to replace with someone with a little ability to pass forward and, holds breathe, possibly score.
Id say he offers more going forward than Gana in terms of passing ability and shooting, but yes they're not too different. We will need better in the summer but for what we are likely to be able to attract in this window he improves the midfield, in my opinion of course.

God help us.. a sideways passing defensive midfielder who has struggled at Man U.. I know how this one ends and it ain't pretty
Yeah that's at a Man U under Jose though. The Fred that played for Shakhtar Donetsk in the CL is far better than any of our midfielders, he is more of a box to box midfielder when played properly

I like Tammy. Looks a much better player than the one Swansea had.

But you have to take into account the lower league.
off topic but: back in the early 70's Dad had a tenant called Tammy...he was a lovely Samoan bloke but his English was a bit tenuous. My sister's name is Alison but he called her Wilson...it's been her family nickname ever since lol

Buying from Levy is painful... Plus, when I have seen him, Wanyama offers nothing more going forward than Gueye. Option 1 is to keep Gueye, but if an offer too good to pass up for a 29 year old comes in then we need to replace with someone with a little ability to pass forward and, holds breathe, possibly score.
The role Gana plays in our current set up does not require him to go forward that much and when we deployed him differently (in the role now occupied by Andre Gomes) he was obviously not being used to his strengths. Wanyama plays the same role as Gana and therefore as cover or a replacement is at least the right type of player.

Wanyama will be 28 in June, Gana turns 30 in September... If we got an offer for Gana that was higher than the price Spurs wanted for Wanyama then yeah, go for it. But Levy, as you say, is painful to deal with so I don't expect for one second we'd get Wanyama for a keen price.

Doucoure from Watford would seem to fit the mould, but he's under contract until 2023 and Watford presumably hate us, so it's a non-starter. I'd be inclined to look in the French, Dutch and German leagues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back