Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not convinced Everton are involved here at all.
Chelsea would prefer a loan rather than a sale and with two weeks still to go in the window they are hoping to find a buyer in Monaco or somebody else.

We are doing the same with Niasse,Tosun, Schneiderlin and probably two or three others.

Why rush into a loan now when you might get a sale later ?
At the very least I think Niasse and /or Tosun would be sold before we sign any striker.
It’s the complete opposite actually Chelsea want a sale not a loan. Chelsea have received loan offers from Fiorentina and Monaco and a loan with option to buy without obligation from Napoli and interests to buy from Everton. Bats seems to want to work with Henry but Chelsea aren’t signing off on it until Everton have had time to put in a formal bid (not happening until Niasse or Tosun leave)

hes at least a 2nd rate striker wherever hes been

cant see him ripping it up here. will just be a mercenary

Haven't we shown that he's been much better than that at several places? He clearly had a terrific season at Dortmund, at Marseille, and at Standard Liege. Say you don't like him or that you think there are valid reasons he wouldn't do well here, but to say he's been a 2nd rate striker is just inaccurate.

Mad how people keep saying we won’t buy anyone unless players are sold now.

As if that’s new.

THEY’VE SAID IT ALL ALONG.

It's rare you get quality in January... More than happy to wait till the summer to continue our rebuild....if theres a decent young striker available on loan then great, but not much point doing any panic buys...

Mad how people keep saying we won’t buy anyone unless players are sold now.

As if that’s new.

THEY’VE SAID IT ALL ALONG.

....I agree, taking the words of Brands at face value he said there would be little or no activity and players would have to leave before anybody came in.

I do, however, think this strategy is as much about good housekeeping as it is about finance. Brands has said the squad is too big and it would be daft to make that situation worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back