Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sander Berge plays for Racing Genk mate. Have seen him quite a few times in the flesh and he certainly looks like a more than decent player. But it's the Belgian league, so we would have to wait and see if he can make the step up to the most demanding and unforgiving league in world football
Weren't we interested in him a couple of sunmers ago?

Hindsight I know, but I’ve lost track of the number of players most on here say weren’t good enough to play for Everton, and are now doing quite well at their new clubs. It was generally agreed they were crap and we should swerve, which we did. “Not good enough to take us to the next level, blah, blah, blah”..........none of us dreamed that level would be a lower one. Just for a season or two, any of Rondon, Arnautovic, Dzeko, Mitrovic, Shaqiri or Townsend would have cost relative peanuts and definitely given us more threat going forward. OK, you might not agree, but can you honestly say we currently have better striking options? I’d rather see any of the first 4 up front rather than DCL or Tosun. Yes, I’m getting desperate.....

Gana is very good at a few aspects of the game tackling and interceptions and in a team where the emphasis wasn't on him to distribute the ball he will be a key part but because our midfield struggles generally more is asked of him when we try to play the Silva style. Thus we need an all round midfielder. Selling him now whilst not ideal is a good profit on a player nearing 30 and may allow us to buy a midfielder who better fits the system now or in the summer. So it's not that he isn't a good player its that he can't go both ways and our current system and midfield make up isn't right, something has to change.

I mean, he's an academy product, nobody bought him!

Shows the declining standard of player though. Osman was an academy product who spent almost the entirety of his career playing in a top 7 premier league team yet was viewed (wrongly in my opinion) as a poor player in comparison to his teammates.

Davies is seen as a decent alternative to the dross we have in the first team despite being nowhere near the skill level that Osman was.

If we sold Schneiderlin, Bolasie, Niasse, Mirallas, Tosun, and Walcott nobody would be complaining. Some of these seem to be hard to move, but it's not really the old Everton is it? If we saw three of these gone and an new player brought in, "sell to buy or not", most everyone would be panties-wet excited.
The problem is who is going to buy them.

16th and 14th … 14th with … 16th without

without him we could seriously be in relegation trouble.

lets see how tonight goes

I want to make sure I understand this correctly...

Gana, at the top of his game (best tackler in EPL etc. etc.), can only contribute to us to finish 14th? And you want to keep him (instead of taking 30mil and spending in summer on someone who can help us finish higher)?

I want to make sure I understand this correctly...

Gana, at the top of his game (best tackler in EPL etc. etc.), can only contribute to us to finish 14th? And you want to keep him (instead of taking 30mil and spending in summer on someone who can help us finish higher)?
We will be in danger of getting dragged in to the relegation fight without him

This team and manger are capable of 14th tops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back