January business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great Dane

Player Valuation: £15m
Been thinking about some of the players who might be available and who would strengthen our team.

Out
If Piennar has still not signed his contract by January, we really should offload him and get perhaps £3 m. for him. If he goes to Spurs, get them to throw in Bentley or Krancjar. If Inter then Muntari.

I doubt that Heitinga will be in the first 11 once Fellaini and Rodwell is back, and the way that Jags and Distin are playing he is not likely to dislodge either of them. He will not be happy with a place on the bench, so sell him for around £8 m. to one of the many clubs apparently interested in him.

In
Spend about £1 m. on Charlie Adam, he contract is up and Holloway knows he cannot keep hold of him. His agent is Moyes' brother so there should be no problem convincing him to come to us. IMO he did better at the weekend than his opposite number Arteta.

Spend around £5 m. on Joey Barton, yes Joey Barton. He will come, but only to us and will give his all every single time. Seems to have grown up quite a bit and has looked impressive for Newcastle this season. English and cheaper and younger than Donovan.

Spend around £7 m. on Lewis Holtby. If what they write about him is right, he will be a major player in Europe. Dad an Evertonian, so he would also jump at the idea of pitting himself against PL opposition in daddy hometeam colours.

Totally unrealistic - I have no idea. But I really would like us to maintain a British core in the team and not turn into a team with only 1-2 British players.

Pienaar might stay if no foreign clubs are interest in January, and anyone else in the prem would rather wait till his contract is up to get him on a free.

Heitinga wont be going anywhere. Apart from being our current number 1 DM (end of the day, Fellaini is totally different player to Heitinga and I dont expect him to walk back in...and Rodwell isnt 100% to make that role his own, and also looks better in Cahill's role) - he's also our only centre half after Distin and Jags.

Only player I could see going is Bilya.

Spend about £1 m. on Charlie Adam - He'll stay at Blackpool. They took a chance on him and he's their captain. He wont go in January.

Spend around £5 m. on Joey Barton - **** right off. And he turned us down before he went to the Barcodes...and where would he play?

Spend around £7 m. on Lewis Holtby - Would rather slap it in the Donovan fund.

Would you bring Jol in on a Bosman and release Moyes to Celtic mate?
As you may recall I said I would give Moyes 5 games to turn things around. And pleaded for him to play players in their correct positions. Now if I recall he won the last two games of those five, and had started to play players in their correct positions, so no right now I'm pleased with Moyes - only wish he would give Billy a decent run in the side.

Still think that Jol is a good manager and he would be my choice if Moyes left.

As you may recall I said I would give Moyes 5 games to turn things around. And pleaded for him to play players in their correct positions. Now if I recall he won the last two games of those five, and had started to play players in their correct positions, so no right now I'm pleased with Moyes - only wish he would give Billy a decent run in the side.

Still think that Jol is a good manager and he would be my choice if Moyes left.

Ah right mate, anyway, just picking some random quotes:

Spend most of the time since yesterdays shitty result wondering whether I would really want Moyes to leave - and yes I do. His tactics have not improved since he first came here, it seems to me that the team has evolved, but Moyes has not. I sincerely believe that he is best when he has a limited number of players to select from. Whenever he has options he panics and goes for his trusted but hopelessly predictable 4-5-1 and as many defense players playing as possible.
He has done wonders for the club, but yes he seems to have been to long in the job and perhaps he should have taken the Villa job. I have no real favorite for who I want to replace him - maybe Martin Jol.

I'll gladly stay on the list that says Moyes out and the list that says Martin Jol could be a good replacement.

my first choice is Jol, to my mind he really got Spurs playing superb football - why they ever fired him is beyond me. Bilic would be interesting, Croatia plays attractive football and he might be one of the more easily identified young hot managers (we could probarbly get Krancjar on the cheap then).
Ian Holloway is an exiting name as well. If Hughes had not taken over at Fulham he would be a good choice as well with Stubbs as his assistant.
If I enter dreamland my number one choice would be Hiddinck, this guy is a success whereever he goes and all his teams play attractive football.
Nigel Clough or perhaps Venables?

GET VENABLES IN.

Pienaar might stay if no foreign clubs are interest in January, and anyone else in the prem would rather wait till his contract is up to get him on a free.

Heitinga wont be going anywhere. Apart from being our current number 1 DM (end of the day, Fellaini is totally different player to Heitinga and I dont expect him to walk back in...and Rodwell isnt 100% to make that role his own, and also looks better in Cahill's role) - he's also our only centre half after Distin and Jags. - yes if he left we would be without senior cover, unless you throw in Neville and Hibbert there. Duffy is too young I think.

Only player I could see going is Bilya. - I could see that as well but I hope not.

Spend about £1 m. on Charlie Adam - He'll stay at Blackpool. They took a chance on him and he's their captain. He wont go in January. Maybe, but maybe he has realised that he can easily cut it in the PL and fancy a challenge at a top side

Spend around £5 m. on Joey Barton - **** right off. And he turned us down before he went to the Barcodes...and where would he play? Did we seriously bid for him? He would play on the right hand side of midfield.

Spend around £7 m. on Lewis Holtby - Would rather slap it in the Donovan fund. - While I hope Donovan comes in January, he is not getting younger and the prices mentioned are crazy for a 29 year old
See above

Ah right mate, anyway, just picking some random quotes:

GET VENABLES IN.
I do not run from what I said. Moyes IMO is still limited in his tactics, only 4-5-1 seems to work for him. He seems to have become more brave with his subs though. My opinion about him has also changed since he seemed to realise that playing players out of position is not they way forward. He also realised that our right side did not work without pace and put Coleman in there, one of the brave decisions that I was asking for. Hopefully Heitinga will loose his place to Fellaini once he is fully recovered from his injury.

So at the end of the day I permit myself to change my mind when things change. Another example is Distin, whom I thought was awful, but who is now playing great.

I do not run from what I said. Moyes IMO is still limited in his tactics, only 4-5-1 seems to work for him. He seems to have become more brave with his subs though. My opinion about him has also changed since he seemed to realise that playing players out of position is not they way forward. He also realised that our right side did not work without pace and put Coleman in there, one of the brave decisions that I was asking for. Hopefully Heitinga will loose his place to Fellaini once he is fully recovered from his injury.

So at the end of the day I permit myself to change my mind when things change. Another example is Distin, whom I thought was awful, but who is now playing great.

So, do you consider it fickle to want him out after eight years mate?

yes if he left we would be without senior cover, unless you throw in Neville and Hibbert there. Duffy is too young I think.

Too much of gamble if Distin or Jags does a knee or something so cant see it happening. And fans are forgetting we havent lost a game since Heitinga has been sitting in the middle of the park. He offers Arteta more freedom than Fellaini does.

Did we seriously bid for him? He would play on the right hand side of midfield.

I remember an interview he did where he said he could've went to Everton, and another club who I cant remember but he wanted to go to Newcastle because its all about wearing the shirt, the passion of the fans, its all about the football etc. Sounded like we enquired but he wanted to go to the North East...

So, do you consider it fickle to want him out after eight years mate?
Yeah you could argue that. However I was frustrated that we an almost full squad to choose from , he would pick players out of position, deploy negative tactics and seemed unable to come up with a plan b, when plan a is not working. That's why I take my hat of for him when he showed willingness to change things.
But yes I don't think like others that we would collapse if he left.

I bet Jol would have us higher than 11th after 8 years.

The season isn't over yet lid, wait til we finish in eighth. You'll be over the moon.

Yeah you could argue that. However I was frustrated that we an almost full squad to choose from , he would pick players out of position, deploy negative tactics and seemed unable to come up with a plan b, when plan a is not working. That's why I take my hat of for him when he showed willingness to change things.
But yes I don't think like others that we would collapse if he left.

Fair enough mate, I'm being a tit with you anyway. Who knows, you could be right and we could be plain naive.

Been thinking about some of the players who might be available and who would strengthen our team.

Out
If Piennar has still not signed his contract by January, we really should offload him and get perhaps £3 m. for him. If he goes to Spurs, get them to throw in Bentley or Krancjar. If Inter then Muntari.

I doubt that Heitinga will be in the first 11 once Fellaini and Rodwell is back, and the way that Jags and Distin are playing he is not likely to dislodge either of them. He will not be happy with a place on the bench, so sell him for around £8 m. to one of the many clubs apparently interested in him.

In
Spend about £1 m. on Charlie Adam, he contract is up and Holloway knows he cannot keep hold of him. His agent is Moyes' brother so there should be no problem convincing him to come to us. IMO he did better at the weekend than his opposite number Arteta.

Spend around £5 m. on Joey Barton, yes Joey Barton. He will come, but only to us and will give his all every single time. Seems to have grown up quite a bit and has looked impressive for Newcastle this season. English and cheaper and younger than Donovan.

Spend around £7 m. on Lewis Holtby. If what they write about him is right, he will be a major player in Europe. Dad an Evertonian, so he would also jump at the idea of pitting himself against PL opposition in daddy hometeam colours.

Totally unrealistic - I have no idea. But I really would like us to maintain a British core in the team and not turn into a team with only 1-2 British players.

How can you compare Barton to Donovan? Two completely different players.

Too much of gamble if Distin or Jags does a knee or something so cant see it happening. And fans are forgetting we havent lost a game since Heitinga has been sitting in the middle of the park. He offers Arteta more freedom than Fellaini does.

I remember an interview he did where he said he could've went to Everton, and another club who I cant remember but he wanted to go to Newcastle because its all about wearing the shirt, the passion of the fans, its all about the football etc. Sounded like we enquired but he wanted to go to the North East...
I don't dispute that he might have said that. I do however not recall anything official about a bid, and we all know how players like to make up which clubs where interested in signing them. It is an often used tactic to tell the new club that you really want to be there. He is not gonna say "I settled for Newcastle, when Everton did not bid for me"is he?

Status
Not open for further replies.