Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we do bring one in - which looks like we are trying to do, then he's the obvious candidate out, got the feeling that koeman doesn't rate him as a captain and would like the chance to be able to get him out the squad and get a bit more forceful character in the role as well

As for the french striker, looks decent from the albeit youtube scouting of him i did, at least the lad seems to have a cracking finish and tocuh on him

...yep, looked at the French lad myself. Bit of a bizarre link given his low profile but i suppose it could be a Walsh target. His CV isn't dynamic but as you say he looks a neat and tidy footballer. Mind you, a montage of Stephen Naismith would be similar. Probably nothing in it but a strange link.

...yep, looked at the French lad myself. Bit of a bizarre link given his low profile but i suppose it could be a Walsh target. His CV isn't dynamic but as you say he looks a neat and tidy footballer. Mind you, a montage of Stephen Naismith would be similar. Probably nothing in it but a strange link.

Just looking over his career, seems that last season on loan at Nice and this season was the first time shes been played just as an out and out striker, been played on the wing, second striekr a lot of the other years

Some of the big names mentioned in the media in the summer and now are still IMO a bit out of reach for us, we are 7th and by coincidence that's what we are the 7th best team in the league, no one below are or will be better than us in the near future. Mata,Witsel,VVD are still a bit out of reach as they would all get in to a top 6 side, so the players that wouldn't (best of the rest) is who we should be and seem to be now going for, Schneiderlin IMO is just on the periffery of the top six but not quite there, he is the marker of the players we should be getting and more than likely if these players want to stay in the PL they will sign for us, as there's no better option for them. I think his signing is a sign of where we are trying to get and is a step up from our summer signings (Gueye is great but he was relatively unknown before we got him) if he had have been known about more he wouldn't be here.

1000 pages you lamentable virgins.

One thousand pages of gossip and hysteria to satisfy your craving for transfers.

I want to help you to overcome this damaging addiction you've got.

First of all by being quilts into transfers you're more suited to being a Geordie or a kopite. Or even a geordiekopite.

Also you're a victim of Rupert Murdoch as it was his papers that started transfer gossip many years ago to fill column space in the early editions before a match report was available. By supporting Murdoch you shouldn't be anywhere near Everton you hideous wools.

Next take a few deep breaths and think about all these players you've imagined playing for Everton when it's been hacks looking for website hits sat laughing at what utter gullible texans you are.

You may fancy yourself as a Euro scout based on hammering YouTube videos of players. You may rate your tactical acumen above the mega successful Ronald Koeman because won the European Cup with Tranmere on FM 2013. You may fancy your transfer capabilities because you beat your mates in Fantasty Football one month. You are however not making a living off football and that's because you're a tube with a personality vacuum.

Denounce transfer rumours right now and we may be able to save your final descent into Geordiekopiteism.
lol

1000 pages you lamentable virgins.

One thousand pages of gossip and hysteria to satisfy your craving for transfers.

I want to help you to overcome this damaging addiction you've got.

First of all by being quilts into transfers you're more suited to being a Geordie or a kopite. Or even a geordiekopite.

Also you're a victim of Rupert Murdoch as it was his papers that started transfer gossip many years ago to fill column space in the early editions before a match report was available. By supporting Murdoch you shouldn't be anywhere near Everton you hideous wools.

Next take a few deep breaths and think about all these players you've imagined playing for Everton when it's been hacks looking for website hits sat laughing at what utter gullible texans you are.

You may fancy yourself as a Euro scout based on hammering YouTube videos of players. You may rate your tactical acumen above the mega successful Ronald Koeman because won the European Cup with Tranmere on FM 2013. You may fancy your transfer capabilities because you beat your mates in Fantasty Football one month. You are however not making a living off football and that's because you're a tube with a personality vacuum.

Denounce transfer rumours right now and we may be able to save your final descent into Geordiekopiteism.
Beautifully put Chico lol

Could see him going to Sunderland. It would be for the best IMO. He's been a very good player for us but his decline this season has been clear.
Yes it would be a great move for jags, he's spent his best years of his career he and won plenty of England caps, I don't want his last year or so here to be like Cahills final year. It frees up space for a younger version.

Yes it would be a great move for jags, he's spent his best years of his career he and won plenty of England caps, I don't want his last year or so here to be like Cahills final year. It frees up space for a younger version.

If he does go I hope Evertonians give him the credit he deserves, he has been immense for us over the years so it's sad to see him decline so badly this season

That's not true though. There are an abundance of those types of players in the prem. Mane, Firminho, Hazard, Willian, Son. None of those players fees were astronomical. It's exactly why we signed Lookman.

I'm not asking them all to play as striker. One of your wingers in the team should be the third option striker, that's what I'm saying. It's not a difficult ask. You have one main striker, the rest of your forwards should be flexible in the modern game. If they're not, they're limited and not good enough.

wha?

Mane - £34m
Firminho - £32m
Hazard - £32m
Willian - £30m
Son - £22m

You could argue son isn't toally astronomical, but the rest are all £30m or over, that is a fair fair bit, what do you consider astronomical? £40m or above?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back