Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Berahino? Seriously lads? He sounds exactly like he plays: that lad who everyone knew growing up who would add an 'o' on the end of their name to make them sound like they are more exotically gifted than what they are. The lad is a bag of cement.

Berahino? Seriously lads? He sounds exactly like he plays: that lad who everyone knew growing up who would add an 'o' on the end of their name to make them sound like they are more exotically gifted than what they are. The lad is a bag of cement.
I actually knew someone like that, hahaha.

We don't need a statement signing. Not yet anyway. We have the resources to do so, but I see us going down a different path.

Our statement will be assembling a competitive squad from moderately priced talent (Schneiderlin), cheap but effective buys (Gueye, Williams, Lookman) and grown talent (Barkley, Davies). Case study - Spurs. Barely a net spend in 5 years (Aided by two high profile sales).

If we're swerving the likes of Fonte, Berahino and Memphis, it can only be a good sign.

The same thing seemed to happen in the summer though, waiting and waiting for us to get those players.

Schneiderlin was a great signing for sure, and Lookman too, but it would be nice to go out there and get a name. Being able to attract them is key.

Honestly nea about a name mate, long as they improve the first team. Most of our best players over the past 20 years ain't been names till they arrived.

Not saying I wouldn't do cartwheels if we did sign a vvd for example like.

No he's not Con.

Sorry Browns, I tried to do a funny.

How bad was he last week, I didnt even realise he was playing at 1 point.

He was dreadful. Had that one ball to Sterling but that was abar it.

Browns is right though, Roscoe is our Toure - not the shadow of a player he is now, but that powerhouse that effortlessly glides through a team and scores the same goal every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back