Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes.
Get him in and then VVD in the summer.
We would be a seriously strong side then!

Burnley would be daft to sell Keane in this transfer window in my opinion.
By miles the best centre back in the bottom half of the prem.
The financial repercusions of selling him now and burnley to dip in form and go down could be massive.

Unless the whole talk of us in for him is just leg work for the summer

I am pretty firm in the belief that Koeman identified Baines as a key player to keep onside if boats weren't to be rocked on him early during his time here. If anyone stood a great chance of taking that LB berth away from Baines it was Galloway...who Koeman KNEW was solid there because he saw what he could do at first hand when Everton battered his S'ton 3-0 down there last season.

I think the decision to send him out on loan was political more than tactical.

Why did the previous manager demote Galloway down to the under 23s then mate? - Same reason - or something else

The financial repercusions of selling him now and burnley to dip in form and go down could be massive.

I think this is the case mate.

Maybe 'publicise' (to an extent) our interest, which ups the anti a bit for the summer.

The chatter is minimal but WRD seems to have info. As for Keane, I think someone in here posted that it'll be more to make a deal in the summer which I think is the case.

15 could force their hand, especially if they risk losing him for less in a few months time. They'll stay up as there's about 6 teams worse than them in the division.

15? No chance! Van Aarnholt went for 14 million, Jeff Schlupp went for 12 million.
We are looking at 26-28 million minimum. And even then Burnley wont sell him! They make more money staying in the league off finishing places.

One for the summer though maybe

Why did the previous manager demote Galloway down to the under 23s then mate? - Same reason - or something else
Nothing to do with any manager. Galloway lost a bit of form and was out and Oviedo and Baines competed for the role. He's a young player and will go through those peaks and troughs.

Baines had his nose put out of joint when he couldn't hold down a first team place and he started agitating, imo.

Koeman recognised that and cleared a path for him to be uno numero.

Boss pen taker like...even though the rest of his game continues to deteriorate with age and injury.

let's hope we get loads of pens, eh?

10 points clear of the bottom 3 with very good goal difference which is worth another point, they arent going down this year mate with or without Keane as they will still be really hard to beat at home no matter what

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back