Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes ofc thats the reason, i agree that this manager won't want to annoy any senior pro's by threathening there role in the team

Besides the fact he dropped the Captain for an 19yo - your theory makes perfect sense Dave...

Alternatively and not counting on the tin foil hat for logic, Koeman saw the lad in pre season and realised he was a mile off starting cb for us and wasn't a good left back, decided to loan him to a manager who has a reputation for drilling players defensively to the maximum and who he figured would improve Galloways game in that regard without it costing us in games (see Stoke last season when he got torn apart for example)

Baines btw, been playing really well since the change of formation dont you think?
I didn't say all senior players, I said specifically 'friend of the Echo' Leighton Baines.

On Koeman and Galloway: that;s a strange theory - Koeman loaned him out to get discipline instilled in him. And why couldn't he do that himself and keep him in the fold?

I didn't say all senior players, I said specifically 'friend of the Echo' Leighton Baines.

On Koeman and Galloway: that;s a strange theory - Koeman loaned him out to get discipline instilled in him. And why couldn't he do that himself and keep him in the fold?

Same reason any younger player is loaned mate, not good enough to get the games he needs to develop or putting him in the shop window even.

Either way mate your talking utter tripe about this one thing especially :)

WRD posts then loads jump on the bandwagon normally hours later trying to pass it off has their own lol. Esk and Watched Toffee as an example.

I remember him on loan at Leicester around the time Kane was there, Keane looked very good even back then, It was only the championship but he was only young.

Mind you Kane was pants for Leicester, I watched him a few times and couldn't finish, just shows what time can do.
We have some of the best defensive players in the country in their age group already on the books. I'm not naïve enough to think that they'll all make it, but it's important that we do our best to make the right decisions on who stays/goes because we don't have the resources to "do a Pogba" like United. I agree with you that it's not an easy decision as it's not an exact science as to which of them can make the step up.

Baines was the only player man enough to call fraud on el fraudo. He did what was best for Everton. That's why fans held one banner about him, and another one about Martinez. One. Of. Us.

Why, Chris Woods of course! Lawton and Steven were good acquisitions.

Edit: In case Chris Woods doesn't immediately ring any bells...

Woods took up a coaching position under Walter Smith at Everton in 1998, where he was tasked with the development of the club's goalkeepers.

Steven probably my favourite player from that 80s side, but god some cracking ones to choose from

My approach is to take these things with a truck load of salt, given the day that's almost in it, and what was a monumentally disappointing TDD last August.

It's veering on improbable that we could be in "advanced talks" for Keane as Watched Toffee puts it I think, without mainstream media getting wind of it.

That's not to say it won't happen but fairly low on the scale of probabilities I think.

Actually I'm going to just enjoy the jargness and random gossip of the next 36 odd hours, and if we sign anyone it will be a bonus.

Twenty times bitten, once shy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back