Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be truth, most likely to be utter wham but talk on Twitter in the last half hour that United striker Marcus Rashford has been spotted in the city ahead of a possible move to us

Absolute piffle.

*still gonna vote though...;)

Capture.webp

We have 16 Prem games left. We are not sliding into a relegation scenario. OK no trophies to go for.. Finish as high as we can? Yes of course. Agree with those who are a tad worried about cover for Rom if he gets crocked...could say the same about a few first team players atm (not midfield perhaps :cool:). no matter what happens in the rest of this window RK is getting rid of players from El Fraudo's reign and those who Moyes bought who are no longer the force they were. The summer is crucial imo for getting in players who either RK or Walsh fit into the type of team that can challenge for success. It may take a little longer than some of us like, but I sense a little more optimism about our future ...

So...when is Yarmelenko signing ?? Fume if he doesn't !! lollol

I still reckon we'll get at least one in. We ideally need a CB, full back and a striker.

We do seem to have quietened on the striker front, though. Perhaps Koeman sees Lookman as sufficient back up. After all we are only in one competition now.

We have 16 Prem games left. We are not sliding into a relegation scenario. OK no trophies to go for.. Finish as high as we can? Yes of course. Agree with those who are a tad worried about cover for Rom if he gets crocked...could say the same about a few first team players atm (not midfield perhaps :cool:). no matter what happens in the rest of this window RK is getting rid of players from El Fraudo's reign and those who Moyes bought who are no longer the force they were. The summer is crucial imo for getting in players who either RK or Walsh fit into the type of team that can challenge for success. It may take a little longer than some of us like, but I sense a little more optimism about our future ...

So...when is Yarmelenko signing ?? Fume if he doesn't !! lollol

Yup, if we go any higher than 7th this season it's just a bonus, getting rid of the Martinez chaff is a huge plus, it means we have loads of spare wages to go big in the summer, it also means we can fill the bench with promising youngsters rather than over the hill wasters.

Could be truth, most likely to be utter wham but talk on Twitter in the last half hour that United striker Marcus Rashford has been spotted in the city ahead of a possible move to us
Can't see Utd selling us another player when we are directly competing with them for league position.

Gabbiadini medical at Southampton tomorrow - £14m fee.

Think he could've been useful for us. He's definitely better than Valencia anyway.
I think we did well swerving this one. Napoli have had to drop the price and even then he's only leaving on the last day of the window despite loads of teams having a look at him.

He costs 14mill more
We'll get a proper forward and pack Enner off at the end of the season

Hopefully mate, just think he'll do well in the league.

Southampton seem genuinely bob on with their transfer dealings I would have swooped for him on that basis alone.

Their transfer record is very good to be fair - they need a striker badly so even if we were interested he might just want game time after his Napoli experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back