January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's sickening that we laid out £40m on Williams and Bolasie.

Think this season is going to be an absolute write-off regardless of what we do in January.

Can't belive some fans are pinning their hopes on January being a successful transfer window, the summer when the top deals go through was a mess, and January renowned for being tough to get top players to move won't be any easier.

I'd be pleased with that but wonder if Swansea would want a ridiculous fee for him. Don't know if I would want us to pay more than 25 mil for him, but what do I know.
They're not going to be selling their best player in January. Might have to wait until they go down, but in no way is he a Championship level player. Should sign him if we can.

Arguably the best centre half in the league, Mr Toby Alderweireld, has a £25m release clause in his contract. At the same time Spurs are having problems getting their new offers accepted by players whilst trying to adhere to a strict wage structure they've imposed due to their new stadium.
Get him signed ffs!

Arguably the best centre half in the league, Mr Toby Alderweireld, has a £25m release clause in his contract. At the same time Spurs are having problems getting their new offers accepted by players whilst trying to adhere to a strict wage structure they've imposed due to their new stadium.
Get him signed ffs!

We're never getting him, he's outrageously quality. However, the fact that he's available makes it easier for us to pick up a quality CB on the next rung down on the ladder. It's good news either way.

By the way, I'm a massive fan of the idea of us getting Schneiderlin, and think we're in with a real shot. Was having a read about him and came across this interview from a few years ago at Southampton (the year before Koeman arrived I think). There's a little segment about how he likes to play, and what sort of midfield partners he likes. He would be SO SO GOOD next to Gana ffs. Plus French is their first language!

As for you, you came together again with Jack Cork, who is one of the most underrated players in the league in my opinion, given his workrate.
I completely agree with you, I really like Cork! I don’t know whether he is the most underrated or not, but I’m used to playing alongside him and I love it! He’s good with the ball, has a great positioning. He’s way more mobile than Wanyama, he likes to run. Personally, I don’t really like to be… (he pauses)I like to move, I like to ask the ball low on the field, around the defence. Cork allows me to play like that because Wanyama does not have the pace to run higher. He’s more like an anchor man in front of the defence. When I play with Cork, I can get the ball just in front of the defenders, dictate the play and make long runs. With Wanyama, I have to adapt. That’s why my first games in the season were not that good. I was receiving the ball at places where I was not used to get it.

With your back to the goal, for example?
Yeah. I don’t like that. I like to dictate the play from the back and run forward. This is what I like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back