Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, he showed vs Arsenal and Liverpool how vital a player like that is to how Koeman wants to play.

So I wouldn't be so quick to show him the door yet.
Just don't rate him as a footballer and you need a bit more than being able to close people down. Besic can do everything McCarthy can do but he's a better footballer. Big problem with both of them is their fitness record which is why I wouldn't be upset if he went. I think Davies will be a better player than him as will Liam Walsh.

Just don't rate him as a footballer and you need a bit more than being able to close people down. Besic can do everything McCarthy can do but he's a better footballer. Big problem with both of them is their fitness record which is why I wouldn't be upset if he went. I think Davies will be a better player than him as will Liam Walsh.

Besic is a better footballer, but he certainly has fitness issues currently and we would get a better fee for McCarthy, it might be better prudent selling him while hes a player that gets injuries, rather than becoming an injury prone footballer.

Well, he showed vs Arsenal and Liverpool how vital a player like that is to how Koeman wants to play.

So I wouldn't be so quick to show him the door yet.
In some of his earlier performances, and I know there weren't many. RK was very frustrated with him.

Arsenal and Liverpool are perfect opponents for him. Teams that are better than us, and will have more of the ball. Suits his game

It's when we play teams that we should beat, and sit deep. He's basically useless.

Gana while missing 3 sitters is a much better all round player. schneiderlin is too. And Tom Davies undoubtably will go on to be.

So do we just keep him for 10 games a season. I'd sell personally, if we could get 15 that would be a big chunk towards Schneiderlin

In some of his earlier performances, and I know there weren't many. RK was very frustrated with him.

Arsenal and Liverpool are perfect opponents for him. Teams that are better than us, and will have more of the ball. Suits his game

It's when we play teams that we should beat, and sit deep. He's basically useless.

Gana while missing 3 sitters is a much better all round player. schneiderlin is too. And Tom Davies undoubtably will go on to be.

So do we just keep him for 10 games a season. I'd sell personally, if we could get 15 that would be a big chunk towards Schneiderlin
Spot on McCarthy is the perfect player if you are going to have limited possession in a game. When Ireland played Germany I said to my dad McCarthy he will get man of the match perfect game for him & he duly obliged.

Wether that means we should let him go or not is up to Koeman as I'm still not sure what the plan is regarding our style of play moving forwards.

Personally I'd let him go last day of the window for £15/20 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back