Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graham Beecroft on Talk sport right now, reckon he is gong to say we should hang back and pretty much do nothing now. If he does I can see his point, why panic buy and pay over the odds now? It wont get us back in the cup and really wont get us top 6

Graham Beecroft on Talk sport right now, reckon he is gong to say we should hang back and pretty much do nothing now. If he does I can see his point, why panic buy and pay over the odds now? It wont get us back in the cup and really wont get us top 6

We could lose our targer over a couple of mil.

Because we should be building now for next season and hitting the ground running, and getting rid of all of the crap players we have, and bringing a smile to the face of the fans again with a few wins, and making sure Koeman is happy with his squad and team for next year, and for some feelgood factor and and and so many reasons why we should not be doing that ;)

Graham Beecroft on Talk sport right now, reckon he is gong to say we should hang back and pretty much do nothing now. If he does I can see his point, why panic buy a pay over the odds now? It wont get us back in the cup and really wont get us top 6
yeah mate, why bother signing players when we have the sqaud we have? lol

right now, a panic buy will probably bet better than what we have in back up. We have barry or schneid (if he signs), striker or Kone, midfielder or cleverley, and so on.

The easy part is that it isn't too difficult to actually improve the squad (not team) and panic buy at the same time.

but we are everton, so we don't panic buy, we wait til the window is shutting and then pick up the phone and wonder why no-one will work with us.

This thread seems a sadder and darker place than last summers thread.
Plenty of heads falling off last time but had a happier and lighter feel.
I guess the disappointment in the end seems to have killed this threads enthusiasm.

He's an expert at chatting bubbles.

The problem is though, if we were to swerve signing anyone now and have a second half to the season like last year and fall down the table, there's a chance we'll end up struggling to recruit again in the summer.

Some on here may think that 7th or 17th is no different, but if you're a player looking to move clubs which would you be more likely to sign for. We need to show improvement and try to get closer to the top to help sell where we want to be (refuse to use "the project")

The problem is though, if we were to swerve signing anyone now and have a second half to the season like last year and fall down the table, there's a chance we'll end up struggling to recruit again in the summer.

Some on here may think that 7th or 17th is no different, but if you're a player looking to move clubs which would you be more likely to sign for. We need to show improvement and try to get closer to the top to help sell where we want to be (refuse to use "the project")

Agree with this.

We are 7th, but we are 9 points off of 6th. Conversely we are also 9 points off of 15th. We need to close the gap and separate ourselves from the West Broms, Southampton and Stokes of the world. Show that though we got a late start we are on the way up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back