Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we have been working on the signing of schneiderlin for a month or two before the window opened and yet we still haven't signed him then I don't hold out much hope of us getting anyone else in by 31st January.

Get to ....

Utd seem to be holding us over a barrel relating to Schneiderlin. He is now nearly two years older than when they bought and have deemed him not good enough to play in their team.

At the same time they are asking us to basically match the inflated fee they paid two years ago.

Surely, in the world of football, there must be another player somewhere that can do as good a job at maybe a younger age and maybe even less money.
Is that not what Steve Walsh is paid to do.

Not proven in the prem there isn't

Not yet no.
I seen a bit in one of today's papers which said that Everton were portraying the image of a club who were going to kick on and bring in quality signings to lift them into the top six however in practice they remain a club who seem content to drag out the transfer procedure which gives the opinion they really are not interested in real progression.
I am concerned we might be falling back into the ways of the last window, come on you blues, prove me wrong, in this instant I will be extremely happy to have egg on my bib.

I'd love the Sigurdsson thing to be true but its clearly some journo who reads GOT (and particularly my) inane ramblings on how boss he'd be for us and he's done it for clicks knowing it'll get plenty. Yeah you, Journo, I'm onto you.

Remember that Swansea have a new manager in Clement and Sigi might not fit into his plans. Or maybe he thnks he can get 2-3 players in for the money they'll get for Sigi and have a better chance to stay up. Jags and Clev with 15 mill could be tempting for a struggling team too. You never know.
Haha, I like this deal! I try never to speak for all Everton fans but I'd say most would be very pleased with it too.

The problem is what is in it for Swansea? They lose their only really good player/talisman/only hope for survival... for a 34 year cb who has proved he isn't up to it anymore, a midfielder (I think) who offer next to nothing either defensively or offensively, and get 15mil which in today's market buys you sweet FA in 2017 (unless you know what Gueye's ludicrously low release clause is).

Please post your offer on a Swansea fan forum and see what the response is. It would be so funny.

It's the equivalent of United offering us Carrick, Ashley Young, and 20 mil for Rom. Would you take that?

if you're in charge of bringing players in but dont move until the transfer window starts whats the point in having Walsh. Surely his target should be to actually sign players or are we just going through the motions as in the past

Oh yeah Kev's never injure
I seen a bit in one of today's papers which said that Everton were portraying the image of a club who were going to kick on and bring in quality signings to lift them into the top six however in practice they remain a club who seem content to drag out the transfer procedure which gives the opinion they really are not interested in real progression.
I am concerned we might be falling back into the ways of the last window, come on you blues, prove me wrong, in this instant I will be extremely happy to have egg on my bib.

Oh i understand anyone who has concerns currently.

Mine just aren't ready to be unleashed yet.

...agree with others that the deal is unlikely given Swanseas predicament. I might be wrong but I think any other acquisitions will be mainly from abroad.
I think you are right, it would be a nice signing though he's only 27 aswel. Pity we couldn't get rid of some of the dead wood in the deal, Kone, Gibson and give them 20m would be ace.

The scope does seem to be somewhat narrow right now. It's not ideal.
Some of this may be because we are under the gun now. There is not time for players to settle in and adapt to the league.

Looks like the concept is to sign established league players to right the ship first while sprinkling in some young talent. If by doing so we can weaken our competition all the better.

Honestly i think it makes sense.

if you're in charge of bringing players in but dont move until the transfer window starts whats the point in having Walsh. Surely his target should be to actually sign players or are we just going through the motions as in the past

To be fair, he targeted, I understand, Gana. Bang. In.

The Charlton lad, Looterman(?), again, done.

Dealing with established players at established clubs aint quite as straight forward. And might not even be his main job.

Some of this may be because we are under the gun now. There is not time for players to settle in and adapt to the league.

Looks like the concept is to sign established league players to right the ship first while sprinkling in some young talent. If by doing so we can weaken our competition all the better.

Honestly i think it makes sense.

I do think there's some truth to that, but:

Where exactly are Everton going right now? They're out of both cups, and there's not much they can do to change their league position for better or worse this season. Now would be the time to take a risk or two, because you have the opportunity in the summer to stabilize the situation.

Utd seem to be holding us over a barrel relating to Schneiderlin. He is now nearly two years older than when they bought and have deemed him not good enough to play in their team.

At the same time they are asking us to basically match the inflated fee they paid two years ago.

Surely, in the world of football, there must be another player somewhere that can do as good a job at maybe a younger age and maybe even less money.
Is that not what Steve Walsh is paid to do.
Rk has made it clear he won't accept anyone else so SW doesn't have the opportunity to seek alternatives.
I'll gratefully welcome Morgan but hope SW will subsequently be given more licence to bring in younger players.
Bringing in Bolasie types (27y+ and established) is unsustainable unless we're getting a £100m budget every summer and there's no evidence whatsoever of that.

Haha, I like this deal! I try never to speak for all Everton fans but I'd say most would be very pleased with it too.

The problem is what is in it for Swansea? They lose their only really good player/talisman/only hope for survival... for a 34 year cb who has proved he isn't up to it anymore, a midfielder (I think) who offer next to nothing either defensively or offensively, and get 15mil which in today's market buys you sweet FA in 2017 (unless you know what Gueye's ludicrously low release clause is).

Please post your offer on a Swansea fan forum and see what the response is. It would be so funny.

It's the equivalent of United offering us Carrick, Ashley Young, and 20 mil for Rom. Would you take that?
If we also throw in Oviedo, Gibson and Kone, do you think we can get a deal done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back