Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following our imminent signing of schneiderlin for what it's worth Ill tell you what I think we now need to take us up to current top 6 level.

A new goalkeeper, someone like Leno would be fine, I feel we just need a top level keeper.

A new centre back. A commanding tall and strong centre back. Had Jose fonte not been the wrong side of 30 I would suggest him as I think he's very impressive. However van dijk would be my top choice. I've not seen enough of keane to comment but not 100% sure he would be of the required level. Another one is manolas, he would also be perfect.

A top creative midfielder. This player is the key I think. He can make the likes of mirallas, deulofeu, Lennon all take their game up a level. They have missed the right service and it's due to a lack of a decent creative player in the team. the big problem is there is a lack of them available. A modern arteta would fit in our team perfectly at the expense of barkley, however barkley would still have a large part to play as more of a squad player.

A new winger, we do need to cover the void left by bolasie. Could lookman be the answer? I'm sceptical about depay but he may be the best option when looking at what's available.

A new striker. We need serious competition for lukaku. He would need to be someone who could lead the line in the event of lukaku getting injured but also could partner him when necessary. Gabbiadinis name is still being thrown about and he could be the best option if available.

Following our imminent signing of schneiderlin for what it's worth Ill tell you what I think we now need to take us up to current top 6 level.

A new goalkeeper, someone like Leno would be fine, I feel we just need a top level keeper.

A new centre back. A commanding tall and strong centre back. Had Jose fonte not been the wrong side of 30 I would suggest him as I think he's very impressive. However van dijk would be my top choice. I've not seen enough of keane to comment but not 100% sure he would be of the required level. Another one is manolas, he would also be perfect.

A top creative midfielder. This player is the key I think. He can make the likes of mirallas, deulofeu, Lennon all take their game up a level. They have missed the right service and it's due to a lack of a decent creative player in the team. the big problem is there is a lack of them available. A modern arteta would fit in our team perfectly at the expense of barkley, however barkley would still have a large part to play as more of a squad player.

A new winger, we do need to cover the void left by bolasie. Could lookman be the answer? I'm sceptical about depay but he may be the best option when looking at what's available.

A new striker. We need serious competition for lukaku. He would need to be someone who could lead the line in the event of lukaku getting injured but also could partner him when necessary. Gabbiadinis name is still being thrown about and he could be the best option if available.
John you're literally saying what everyone on this 853 page thread has already said. On practicality every page.

Hopefully this window we've had time to do our homework & speak to our targets agents early!
In the summer we seemed to aproach it like a kid in a sweet shop!...But getting knocked back all over the shop!
To know a player is eager to join us gives us an edge...ala Schneids!
Although it's very frustrating to us it prevents us getting walked all over by clubs.
We have no idea what has gone on in the last few months...Hopefully it will bear fruit & we we will be showing our appreciation come February!
COYB

now we have the base of our midfield sorted we need the creative link, between gana and snides and rom. barks just hasnt got the complete game for this role. its a specific job, ericsson, gylfi, coutinho sort of player.

they wont come cheap, but they are vital.

gylfi would do us for now. £25m would get him

now we have the base of our midfield sorted we need the creative link, between gana and snides and rom. barks just hasnt got the complete game for this role. its a specific job, ericsson, gylfi, coutinho sort of player.

they wont come cheap, but they are vital.

gylfi would do us for now. £25m would get him
Nah would cost us 80m to get Gylfi. Given that is how much Swansea stand to lose if they get relegated from the premiership. He is Swansea's best hope at staying up..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back