Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah and that i suppose. I still feel like a kid, yet when i put myself in football years, i'd be looking at the prime years of career and possibly only 5 years away from retirement. FFS, imagine being 5 years away from never having to work again, i've only just bloody started working!

I'm midway to retirement, but they keep extending it. Maybe by the time I'm 67 it will only still be 76 for retirement.
I was there when Everton won a cup though, at the old Wembley when football wasn't a clown show. Paul Rideout - get in.
Never made it to the Boleyn tho...haha, nice block of flats they'll be I'm sure. Our away days were Sheffield Wednesday, Coventry, Maine Road, Elland Road, Any Road. Proper days out them they were.

So did Schneiderlin come in yet?

Yeah he had the world's longest medical. Turns out he's a human with two legs. Sign on the dotted line and give Mourinho the big V sign as he turns off the M60 for the very last time in his ridiculously expensive car.
I'm gonna give him a chance though, he'll have a good run at it until Senegal are knocked out and Gueye comes back. Then that might well be the pairing - i like Norman's thinking, can't but defenders cheap, buy defensive mids, build a wall in front of the defence and make the Iranians pay for it.

Koen Casteels, the talented keeper of Wolfsburg, is now target of Anderlecht.
We should buy him and be insured of a great keeper for the next few years.

Shneiderlin is exciting and steps straight into first team. But lookman and belfodil seem like standard squad rotation players-we need this type, but I'm hoping for a first team winger and cm to come in this window....

....the Deulofeu links are interesting, apparently Milan very keen and prepared to wait until the final day;

http://sportwitness.co.uk/club-wait-deadline-day-everton-transfer-theyre-keen/

I wonder if the Deulofeu deal is dependent on Depay happening. It makes sense given they play similar roles and when United refused a loan deal for Depay RK immediately said Deulofeu was staying. There might still be life in both these transfers if there's a change of mind at United.

I always thought his Dad was a class player, very underestimated. If he turns out like him, he will be a very good player indeed.

...yep, @roydo said the same yesterday. I agree, David Hirst was talented but he really lacked pace and suffered dreadfully with injuries. His son is tall and looks to have very good movement and loads of ability. I wonder if our interest willl spark others to take a look, but it could be a coup if we make it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back