Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Click bait annoys me as much as the next man. That's why I pay £25 a month for the EvertonAlerts host/domain/scripts for this: https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/everton-news.85117/ to segment out the click bait.

You need to understand the motive behind click bait before making silly allegations though, and if you understood the motives, you'll understand it doesn't exist for GOT.

We aren't Trinity Mirror, we don't have journos targeted for web clicks. We don't have ad networks to appease - we don't have targets. We have one lad, me - on the front page, updating when time will allow. Today hasn't allowed, hence no Niasse update...

This month, currently (after subscriptions) - GOT will cost me £107. I may also have to pay £350 to upgrade our App because it's no longer compliant: https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/forum-not-working-on-phone-app.93889/ - our SSL certificate (we have three) is also up I think which will be another few quid.

So, think on @Raino85 before peddling your crap, eh? I don't need you here - you're costing me money.

As brutal as our managers presser today!

Koeman is still fuming about the FA Cup match 6 days later, I love it. Bet he'd personally drive some of these wasters to the airport to see them off if he had time.
When you hear Mountfield talk about that he'd have paid Everton to play for them and look at deadwood players on our roster grabbing 100 times as much, it seems like the 80s are a 100 years ago in terms of attitude of the players these days

Hope so mate because if they don't come through he will have half of this crap squad refusing to lift a finger.

I've got a feeling it was aimed at the likes of Gibson, Kone perhaps Del and Oviedo

Another way to look at it mate, what he said last week sparked action from the board, this is him saying in a differing way he's still wants more so don't slack.

When you hear Mountfield talk about that he'd have paid Everton to play for them and look at deadwood players on our roster grabbing 100 times as much, it seems like the 80s are a 100 years ago in terms of attitude of the players these days

I don't personally care what their motivation is as long as they have some. I don't mind a bit of mercenary in the players and I'm not big on Playing For The Shirt, but they don't even seem interested in playing for themselves.

If the club has any sense they will delay any more signings until after we lose to City. That way the ranting will subside quicker.

Fingers crossed mate, I want another 3/4 in with the likes of Gibson/Kone deffo shipped out!!

If Gibson and kone go and we get VVD and Mertens to replace them... I think some of our fans will go to town on a bender and not be seen until the next window!! As it would go down as one of the best transfer windows ever as niasse and the clev have gone!!

Fingers crossed mate, I want another 3/4 in with the likes of Gibson/Kone deffo shipped out!!

Think those two will have been already told to find a new club.

Del, McCarthy, Oviedo, jagielka, mori, honestly think any/all of those could be off if we sign players the manager wants in the positions.

Interesting if we loan rather than sell to try give us more leeway with stcc next summer as we can sell the dead wood then, hopefully after a decent loan spell raises there stocks

If Gibson and kone go and we get VVD and Mertens to replace them... I think some of our fans will go to town on a bender and not be seen until the next window!! As it would go down as one of the best transfer windows ever as niasse and the clev have gone!!

We can dream can't we mate :)

I think we will get this striker in from Liege, a cb ( don't think it will be VVD though never say never ) and if no one can agree a deal with utd we will loan Depay.

I think Deulofeu might be on his way out. Can't think of any club ( not even Sunday league ) who would want Kone or Gibson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back