Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Echo had been pedalling that we had interest in Delaney for months...

But, this was despite the fact that he had already signed a pre-contract agreement with Leverkusen...

And the Echo are the only ones who have ever run the story. Plus he's a midfielder and we went for Schneiderlin.

Basically it's a non-starter, never was a goer and just shows how little the Echo know these days.

Perhaps there is an element of paranoia, but I got the feeling that there was a bit of agenda to make out that we have 'failed' to buy this lad to try and keep the other lot happy as their season begins to derail?

They appear to be struggling and perhaps lack the finances to strengthen.

Better to report us as failing to attract a low key target than report we are attempting to attract a £20-£50m Centre Back!

I even heard on another station a discussion about how no one has done any real business in Jan so it is understandable that Liverpool are quiet...
Until someone just happened to mention Everton :)

Perhaps there is an element of paranoia, but I got the feeling that there was a bit of agenda to make out that we have 'failed' to buy this lad to try and keep the other lot happy as their season begins to derail?

Better to report us as failing to attract a low key target than report we are attempting to attract a £20-£50m Centre Back!

I even heard on another station a discussion about how no one has done any real business in Jan so it is understandable that Liverpool are quiet...
The red echo is full of mutants

That is a bit mad. I think we were in for him as perhaps a Gibson replacement and if we could get him for £8m it would be worth it for rotation if we get into Europe/Cups etc.
It was a long shot considering he signed and agreement with Leverkusen but we went for him anyway.
Nothing at all to do with the RS.

Professional footballers shouldn't be entertaining the idea of a fight at all. I hope we don't see this animal anywhere near the first team.

Crucify the lad on drunken hearsay?
Maybe the lad reporting the 'non-fight' should have a word with his mate to have a word with his girlfriend about tapping off with someone after he was out of sight for 30seconds?

Absolute idiots on here continue to amaze.

Hasn't this guy knocked us back a couple of times, crap attitude I believe, big swerve from me....

I have been speaking to a couple of Milan fans on facebook (via the Delboy move) and none of them care for Niang. He is basically a copy of Delboy. I have watched him myself and he looks good one game, crap for three. Somehow I expect us to get him or Leicester will come back again.

Only reason I say we may move for Niang is that we wanted him pre Milan, walsh wanted him at Leicester, now walsh is here.
2 plus 2 equals 5 probably.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/15955/charlton-keen-tie-deal-midfielder-everton-ajax-interested/

Dijck. Steel.

Charlton want to hand a new long-term contract to central midfielder Anfernee Dijksteel.

The South London Press has been told that both Everton and Ajax are interested in the 20-year-old.

Dijksteel has been capped once by Holland at under-20 level and made the move to South London from the Nike Academy in January 2016. His current deal only runs until the summer.

Highlight reel -

Seen something twitter claiming we are interested in Leon Bailey from Gent along with a host of top clubs...

'Bailey grew up in the Cassava Piece area of Kingston, Jamaica. He played for the Phoenix All-Star Academy operated by his adoptive father, Craig Butler. In 2011, Butler arrived in Europe to find a club for his son Kyle Butler and Leon Bailey. They wandered around Austria, Germany and Holland, before ending up in KRC Genk, where Bailey went on trial in the beginning of 2012. Genk was convinced of his qualities, but because of the very strict regulations on minors by FIFA, they couldn't offer him a contract. So, the club made Leon Bailey sign a draft agreement when he was only 15 years old, which is illegal in Belgium.[2] Bailey moved into a house in As, near Genk. After Butler left for Mexico, initially to formalize his move to Belgium, he went missing for four months. According to him, he was abducted. In these four months Genk took care of the minor children, who at that time were without parents or a legal guardian illegally residing in Belgium. When Butler returned after four months, he was broke and KRC Genk offered him a job with a sponsor of the club. This was the only way to try and bend FIFA rules on minors. After the Labour Ministry heard of the matter, they raided KRC Genk, and Butler and his players had to retreat. So, he went to Standard Liege,[3] but the transfer wasn't approved because Butler had no work permit. As a result, they could not legally reside in Belgium. Thereafter they went back to Jamaica, but they returned several times to Europe, where Butler offered his players at several European clubs. With AFC Ajax, he reached a verbal agreement in October 2013, but a transfer did not materialize. The FIFA rules did not permit a player under eighteen years to sign a professional contract with a football club.[4] In the beginning of 2015, Bailey appeared in AS Trenčín, where he signed a contract.'

Shady article on wiki but, to be fair, most of our first team went missing for 2 years!

haha, maybe...

I think in this case though mate it's just that the Echo are clueless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back