Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of a silly extreme to go to?

How do you know my expectations are unrealistic? None of us know precisely how limited our options are due to the poor two seasons and no Europe. It's just speculation.

If that is all we have spent our money on after two windows then I am not overly impressed or happy. As would have been my opinion if you listed those signings on Koemans first day.
And don't you think Koeman, Walsh and the board tried to go for higher profile targets in both windows? They hardly just said let's not even try for the big fish and settle for our current level... The ones we do know about Moshiri told us about himself on a radio interview, he said that we bid 60 million for Koulibaly and we missed out, we missed out on Perez to Arsenal also, and Witsel is just a mercenary it seems, factor in all the names we don't know of and the negotiations behind the scenes... So no I wouldn't say I'm being extreme mate... A higher calibre of player up from who we tried to get would be your big name players, and you say you aren't happy with who we actively TRIED to get. We didn't get them as they weren't interested, probably for reasons I mentioned last post, and we moved onto who we did get, i.e the next best option to improve our team/ what the manager wanted, and guess what we've IMPROVED! You're entitled to your opinion mate but honestly I feel you're being a tad unrealistic and harsh.

What is the current situation with Ghezzal ? Thought we were really close at one point ? I also think Luiz Adriano from Milan would be great for second choice behind Romelu.

Running his contract down and having his pick in the summer from the look of it.

This post just reminded me, we seen at Leicester how Steve walsh scouting team managed to sign players on pre contract agreements for free. (Albrighton) wonder if we are not doing that but trying to make a move on a team who have a player with low contract and they will be happy to sell in Jan instead of losing them on a free.

And don't you think Koeman, Walsh and the board tried to go for higher profile targets in both windows? They hardly just said let's not even try for the big fish and settle for our current level... The ones we do know about Moshiri told us about himself on a radio interview, he said that we bid 60 million for Koulibaly and we missed out, we missed out on Perez to Arsenal also, and Witsel is just a mercenary it seems, factor in all the names we don't know of and the negotiations behind the scenes... So no I wouldn't say I'm being extreme mate... A higher calibre of player up from who we tried to get would be your big name players, and you say you aren't happy with who we actively TRIED to get. We didn't get them as they weren't interested, probably for reasons I mentioned last post, and we moved onto who we did get, i.e the next best option to improve our team/ what the manager wanted, and guess what we've IMPROVED! You're entitled to your opinion mate but honestly I feel you're being a tad unrealistic and harsh.

As I said in a separate post my opinion doesn't mean I think they didn't try, nor that Koeman or Walsh or Mosh are happy with what we have done.

If you'd listed our signings in advance on Koemans first day I'd have said I bloody hope that's not what we end up with at the end of January when they've had two windows.

There's many levels of quality in between a top quality player and Bolasie or Stek or Valencia. I don't believe it's unrealistic to have expected from day one that we might have signed better than those options and trying to get and being rejected by Koulibaly or Witsel doesn't excuse everything.

There may be many a good reason for the business done or not done and we can only speculate but I think it's odd if anybody thinks it's unreasonable to be unhappy or to complain about the result of our two windows under Mosh/Ron so far.

And as another poster mentioned, it doesn't help the threads having posters come in and dismissing other opinions by stating some fans wouldn't be happy if we got Messi.

We are absolutely no where near ''maxing out'' on wages. We have huge scope to increase the wage bill due to the STCC implications of the stones sale. Added to the loans out, we have huge scope to increase, much of which is sadly lost (albeit perhaps only temporarily) if we make no further signings.
How do you know what terms the loanees are on, I dought if all are on full compensation, if you know these terms, pray tell.

Enner was loan to cover what was left after Lukaku ie Naisse, Kone and Rodriguez/Henen etc
He can play a few positions up top too and at least had experience in league so we knew what we were getting and he'll be gone come end of season

If we sign Messi, James Rodriguez, Ronaldo, Suarez and Cavani theres people here who'll moan :-( We're stronger now with Koeman/Walsh in charge than the idiot before :) even if we sign no one else but we'll pull something out of hat I'm sure

Case in point

Pulling up a poster for not being happy with a loan signing from West Ham that hasn't looked good at all, and then having a pop at posters who disagree with them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back