Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we bid on 2 forwards, have both accepted and don't bring in either(for obvious different reasons). At that point wouldn't you move down the list? I don't get it. You target players in a certain position because you see that as being an area you would like to strengthen in. And then you do nothing to strengthen?

So we bid on 2 forwards, have both accepted and don't bring in either(for obvious different reasons). At that point wouldn't you move down the list? I don't get it. You target players in a certain position because you see that as being an area you would like to strengthen in. And then you do nothing to strengthen?

I do have to wonder what Walsh has been doing for 6 months tbh

We all know Walsh can sign good players but his trackrecord isn't high as you'd like for the money he's on, I'd argue 65 mil on Bolasie Morgan Ash is a waste of money even if they 'improve us' and we could of made better use of it.
"... we could HAVE made better use..."

But anyway.
Bolasie is injured.
Williams is the best CB at the club.
Schneiderlin has only just arrived.

I am happy to disregard your opinion as.... uninformed. Unless I was feeling the need to be more blunt, in which case I would highlight your contribution as seeming a little agenda-driven, perhaps even WUM-ish.

But I'm not feeling blunt today.

I do believe you failed to answer the question there, or rather ignored the invitation to show us all how we are missing something
Well let's look at our signings shall we.
Gueye - Spent all last season in the Prem, not exactly a hidden talent.
Bolasie - I will leave this short as I've already been banned becauae of my feelings toward him. Already established. Crock. Rubbish.
Williams - 30 something international captain, played in the prem a long time.
Stekelenburg - Again, established international who has played for some of Europes larger teams.
Valencia - lol
Calvert-Lewin - Played alright, will wait on this one.
Lookman - As above, just scored a goal is the difference.
Schneiderlin - French international who played under Koeman, also played for the biggest club in the world. Hidden gem? No.

I'm not even bothering with Donk, he's playing for the kids.

So there's 8 transfers in since he's been here, 2 have been unearthed kids from the lower leagues.

He's hardly doing much work when the rest are all established.

I reckon that Ivan Perisic would be good for us, try and sign him.

Easy.

He's pathetic.

how far down your list do you go?
no point ending up with another pudding when theres not a lot to play for this season.

Well let's look at our signings shall we.
Gueye - Spent all last season in the Prem, not exactly a hidden talent.
Bolasie - I will leave this short as I've already been banned becauae of my feelings toward him. Already established. Crock. Rubbish.
Williams - 30 something international captain, played in the prem a long time.
Stekelenburg - Again, established international who has played for some of Europes larger teams.
Valencia - lol
Calvert-Lewin - Played alright, will wait on this one.
Lookman - As above, just scored a goal is the difference.
Schneiderlin - French international who played under Koeman, also played for the biggest club in the world. Hidden gem? No.

I'm not even bothering with Donk, he's playing for the kids.

So there's 8 transfers in since he's been here, 2 have been unearthed kids from the lower leagues.

He's hardly doing much work when the rest are all established.

I reckon that Ivan Perisic would be good for us, try and sign him.

Easy.

He's pathetic.

irony alert!!!!

There were lots of people to blame for singing Enner Valencia at the last. Walsh can't really take the blame for this one. We would have had better options (Identified by him) if the deals had been negotiated better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back