Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think the player trading profits is in relation to ffp rules, meaning we can pay more wages?

Good point but it's a bit worrying that we're still going to have to sell to buy moving forward and it'll be hard to keep on attracting players when we sell our star player every 2\3 seasons.

Keeper - Yes, Pickford
Centre-half - Yes, Mikey Keane
Fullbacks - Depends if we're sticking with this 3-4-3/3-5-2/5-3-2 or whatver it is. We've got a few RB's at Youth, probably need a LB
Striker - Yes
Winger - Again, depends
Second Striker - If you're chatting someone who sits off, again it depends. If you mean a second new striker, yes
Lukaku - Needs doing after the window, not the Summer
McCarthy - Aye, probably but Koeman likes him. A good offer and he's gone
Loans - Can't recall a full list off the top of my head of whose out on loan but assume there's a few there we won't miss

Bingo. Giz a job Farhad.

I mean someone in the Mirallas mould. To primarily play off Lukaku. I genuinely think we need about 5-6 in which does slightly concern me.

I believe there's money. But I need to see it.

He's forgetting that we didn't fail to land either, we swerved it.

Cos they aren't very good.

He's used two players there as examples of players we could get.

Who we didn't get. For whatever reasons. Most likely as they're crap/not worth what was wanted.

With no hint of irony.

Still within the 6 years mark ;)

But I did forget about him. Kinda proves my point though as how long before Ross was Rodwell then?

All of a sudden everyone is happy to play them all.
Not really.

It proves the point that Moyes didn't trust youth much, and Martinez brought through a bunch of youth prospects that had been bought rather than developed entirely at home.

Ross, Stones, Lukaku, Del (first season), Holgate, Davies were all young players that made a significant impact. Even if you take away Lukaku, he did fine with no previous PL experience for WBA.

And we're not under any threat. I don't think anyone wants us to be relying fully on the youth next season...but for the next 6 months? Fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back