Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our business doesn't exactly scream "big money ballers", but getting rid of deadwood is always good. Getting rid of 90% of Martinez's dregs, well, that's great. The few signings we've made are looking good as well.

But much like the summer, the manager has come out and said we need X players, we need a Y, we need a Z etc, and we've not actually achieved that. It doesn't really mesh with the grand new vision we're being told about it.

We only have the league left so I don't think we need a huge squad. Clearly if there's someone we want and we can wait until the summer, then it will be cheaper and probably a more viable time to buy. I also think it shows Koeman has faith in our younger players, knowing that we're only an injury away from having to utilise even more. But I was hoping for another striker, and as ever, a playmaker.
Hopefully with Lookman, Duckworth-Lewis (or whatever) and Sambou, we have enough emergency cover for striker til the summer.

Why won't it be?

Have you thought that people don't want to hear the doom and gloom merchants.

I remember the time when a website was set up that kept time on the years YEARS since we'd signed a first team player for money.

I am happy the fact we have a plan just think there has been many lies told.

Not really.

It proves the point that Moyes didn't trust youth much, and Martinez brought through a bunch of youth prospects that had been bought rather than developed entirely at home.

Ross, Stones, Lukaku, Del (first season), Holgate, Davies were all young players that made a significant impact. Even if you take away Lukaku, he did fine with no previous PL experience for WBA.

And we're not under any threat. I don't think anyone wants us to be relying fully on the youth next season...but for the next 6 months? Fine.
OK mate.

Which of our youth set up thst wasn't trusted in the past 14 years by the managers is playing top level football?

Only Wallace and he will be back in the championship soon enough.

Apart from that, how many have actually 'made it' elsewhere to play at the level to be chasing Europe?

If we almost spend 10MIL on a striker from the Belgium league surely 12MIL + for Jay R we should be in for him. Valencia is on loan and calvin lewin untried more or less so please one more in

Can wait for dave to come on here and tell you mugs what a fraud the Mosh is, tell em dave.

I think a lot have him ignore.....

jWvOPj.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back