Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Koeman, whom many have said does not prefer youth, has shown immense faith in them. Surprised we haven't signed a couple more this window given our outgoings. But maybe he sees something good happening with the youngsters coming through. Enough to convince him that they deserve a chance to show what they can do for the rest of this season. After all, they have been instrumental in out recent form.

OK mate.

Which of our youth set up thst wasn't trusted in the past 14 years by the managers is playing top level football?

Only Wallace and he will be back in the championship soon enough.

Apart from that, how many have actually 'made it' elsewhere to play at the level to be chasing Europe?
I forgot that the past is a direct representation of the future.

If you're good enough, you're old enough.

And Unsworth, at least, thinks we have a few good enough. It seems likely Koeman and Walsh agree considering this window.

But you missed my main point - this is fine for 6 months. In the summer we'll need to strengthen. We are only vaguely chasing Europe right now, it's not a do or die target this season.

I'm happy with the transfers we've done but the money we've spent in this window, deducting the 9m for Oviedo and Gibson + the 1m for Holgate's loan is all covered by the extra TV money. There's no evidence to suggest we ever had anything like the 100m that was banded about by the itk's and newspapers when Moshiri took over.

If Kenwright was in charge I'd expect us to have spent similar amounts to what we have in the last two windows. If we're being positive we can say they're saving it until the summer but Koeman had to come out and put pressure on the board to get players in, worrying sign to me. At least a sign that doesn't suggest we're about to spend a lot of money in the near future.
Serious question to all people who feel like this. Would you rather postpone the development of a new stadium and sign 100m worth every window? Or the opposite where we get a brand spanking new stadium and spend wisely but not a negative net?

Koeman, whom many have said does not prefer youth, has shown immense faith in them. Surprised we haven't signed a couple more this window given our outgoings. But maybe he sees something good happening with the youngsters coming through. Enough to convince him that they deserve a chance to show what they can do for the rest of this season. After all, they have been instrumental in out recent form.

Unsworth is doing a great job with the young players so hopefully we'll see a few more given a chance soon.

Not really. We were linked and we swerved.

This Davek lite shtick doesn't suit you mate.
This isn't davek light.

This is pointing out the obvious we have no competition still in the squad and very little in the way of back ups all over the place. I'm sorry for not believing that maybe promoting a load of the academy is the magic solution, I tend to live in the real world where not all of the reserves are actually good enough to play this level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back