January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am happy that maybe we decided that the quality wasn't there to improve us, we have shifted some dead wood which will clear wages out for the summer. My only concern is for the message this sends to Lukaku about how serious our ambitions are. I can see him leaving in the summer and just replacing him will be a major challenge.

All this optimism for summer seems misplaced. There was loads of it on here last summer, same people hoping for some January signings after a bad summer and now another window where much wasn't done. Yes let's look forward to the summer when every player will want to join Everton and we will spend all of Mosh's money.

7 points off the top four

#JustWaitOnIt

Players In
Maarten Stekelenburg
Morgan Schneiderlin
Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Ademola Lookman
Yannick Bolasie
Ashley Williams
Enner Valencia(Loan)
Anton Donker(Loan)

Players Out
Bryan Oviedo
John Stones
Darron Gibson
Tom Cleverley(Loan)
Gerard Deulofeu(Loan)
Aiden McGeady(Loan)
Arouna Kone(Loan)
Shani Tarashaj(Loan)
Oumar Niasse(Loan)

8 Ins 9 Outs

Thats our main business over 2 windows, for people who care about such things, a net spend of roughly minus 8m, give or take a few pennies, based on sale prices of garbo that wont be coming back.

The question is, has the squad been improved or weakened.

I vote stronger.

OK ash... who should we have signed?

Someone identified to replace at least a couple of the players we planned to get rid of in the window.

So ignore the list they've spent 4 months drawing up and panic buy

Except that is the point, the club said the summer was a failure and mistakes will be learned from and then in all that time all the short list came up with was Morgan schneiderlain?

So what did the club do in regards to not only short listing players but identifying one or two replacements for you know, 6 squad players? A quarter of the squad is gone and most not replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.