Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it really depends on what were trying to achieve here and the timeframe Ancelotti has been given.

Reports in Italy have stated that hes looking for spending guarantees. I would assume that would be for both January, summer and beyond.

Looking at the January window and the players we have, i think its a must that we sign a centre back and a centre midfielder. I think the Zlatan link helps DCL, Kean, Richarlison, Gordon and the like but i would only go for him till end of the season.

If were talking big money and looking at Carlos past, could be Ibra till summer then Cavani :eek: think hes out of contract and may fancy the premier league.

Id say we will go for an experienced top class spine and then build youth around that.

Yes I broadly agree with that. Zlatan is available and would help us, especially if we play 2 up top.

I know you're a big advocate for a CM I'm not so sure we go for 1. I can see us sticking to 4-4-2 and we have probably enough in there at the moment, especially with Gbamin back in the New Year.

I think we go heavy for a CB though. At present I'll be happy enough with that.

Yes I broadly agree with that. Zlatan is available and would help us, especially if we play 2 up top.

I know you're a big advocate for a CM I'm not so sure we go for 1. I can see us sticking to 4-4-2 and we have probably enough in there at the moment, especially with Gbamin back in the New Year.

I think we go heavy for a CB though. At present I'll be happy enough with that.

I think if you look at where we are now and where we want to be the players arent good enough to get there and any overseas signings will potentially need the rest of the season to adapt.

Certainly going to be interesting to see the players we target, there will be alot of players wanting to play under Ancelotti. I wonder if he sees it as a long term plan and goes after players like Tonali and sticks with Kean OR he brings in experience to settle the team in the short term.

Koulibaly would be close to £100mil, will he go for that profile or someone u23 with world class potential.

Who knows...but its very exciting.

If Zlatan and Ancelotti come that is good bye to DCL at Everton. Regardless I think that DCL should be moved on before people figure out that he has peaked.
DCL has improved but I still don’t see him as a top 6 Team striker, he never really strikes a ball cleanly. If Ancelotti does come I think DCL will finds him self on the bench much more.

If Zlatan and Ancelotti come that is good bye to DCL at Everton. Regardless I think that DCL should be moved on before people figure out that he has peaked.
I think Tosun, Niasse and probably Kean will be moved on before DCL. He has been our best player for the last 2 games and also has the best goal/min ratio at the club this season. He has been improving constantly during his time at the club and if he keeps improving he'll be very important to us over the next few years.

I think if you look at where we are now and where we want to be the players arent good enough to get there and any overseas signings will potentially need the rest of the season to adapt.

Certainly going to be interesting to see the players we target, there will be alot of players wanting to play under Ancelotti. I wonder if he sees it as a long term plan and goes after players like Tonali and sticks with Kean OR he brings in experience to settle the team in the short term.

Koulibaly would be close to £100mil, will he go for that profile or someone u23 with world class potential.

Who knows...but its very exciting.

Do you think Koulibaly would be so much? I sense we will make a big offer.

I also think some experience will be added in the short term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back