Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

The problem with the Winter window is this :

Player A wants to move, but would rather win the league title hes currently aiming for, so would rather wait till the Summer
Player B wants to move, he hasnt played for the last 4months and is desperate to move

Do you wait for Player A or do you take Player B cos hes available.

In this scenario Player A is Andrea Pirlo at 24 and Player B is Ashley Williams at 32.

Player C wants to move, his club is happy to sell him, but would struggle to replace him, so they stick an extra 20m on top of the fee
If you wait till the summer you can save 20m on Player C and buy Player D with the money saved.
What if I'm paying a director of football to spend September-December searching for January recruits?

I've told him that he needs to look outside of England, to leagues where most clubs could cover their annual wage bill with one sale in the region of £20-30m, but I'm suspicious that he's just going to keep ringing around the old G-14 clubs and asking if they fancy flogging any of their rezzies.

Should I sack him?

What if I'm paying a director of football to spend September-December searching for January recruits?

I've told him that he needs to look outside of England, to leagues where most clubs could cover their annual wage bill with one sale in the region of £20-30m, but I'm suspicious that he's just going to keep ringing around the old G-14 clubs and asking if they fancy flogging any of their rezzies.

Should I sack him?

IF you told him in September, it doesnt matter Marco, cos you have been sacked, unlucky.

But it depends, did your DoF promise you he could fix the squad in 18months or did he say it would be a longer process?

Love the way that buying players from Barca, Juve and Arsenal is now a stick to beat Brands with.

IF you told him in September, it doesnt matter Marco, cos you have been sacked, unlucky.

But it depends, did your DoF promise you he could fix the squad in 18months or did he say it would be a longer process?

Love the way that buying players from Barca, Juve and Arsenal is now a stick to beat Brands with.
He gets very cross if I ask questions about his plans, and every time I wonder aloud when the new centre-back will be arriving, he responds by going out and buying another left-winger. I've already got three; I can't afford another one!

He gets very cross if I ask questions about his plans, and every time I wonder aloud when the new centre-back will be arriving, he responds by going out and buying another left-winger. I've already got three; I can't afford another one!

????????????

Anyway, im sure a stop-gap CB will arrive this window, hopefully an attacking/creative weapon.

I cant guarantee we wont get them from some of the worlds best teams tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back