Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as they are under 25 , have potential and a sell on value and not on stupid wages then go for it … Need to learn from our mistakes now

He is a blert because he is from warrington yet in his own mind he is reppin' croydon.

'J-Lingz' rivals Aitch in the race to be accepted as some sort of 'G'.

As long as they are under 25 , have potential and a sell on value and not on stupid wages then go for it … Need to learn from our mistakes now
As we are seeing young players need time, if we are going to keep buying young players, when it could take 3/4 years for the team to start achieving, what is the point of Ancelotti.

I think he will want at least 3 players aged 26/29 to walk straight into this team and kick it on.

I think he will want at least 3 players aged 26/29 to walk straight into this team and kick it on.

Wait until the summer to buy these types of players.

Don't get 26-29 year olds who help you kick on moving in a Jan window. You'll either massively over pay, take a risk by buying from a weaker league or be buying players on the fringes of another teams squad.

If I was manager I'd use the remainder of 2020 to assess the current squad and decide who I want and don't want. The only way that would change is if there's a player the manager knows and trusts who is available now.

As we are seeing young players need time, if we are going to keep buying young players, when it could take 3/4 years for the team to start achieving, what is the point of Ancelotti.

Yes , we need 2 or 3 of those like you say but not in this window and in the whole should be buying potential.. We will prob have to get rid of 2/3 of the ones on big money first which may prove tricky.

Don't get 26-29 year olds who help you kick on moving in a Jan window. You'll either massively over pay, take a risk by buying from a weaker league or be buying players on the fringes of another teams squad.

If I was manager I'd use the remainder of 2020 to assess the current squad and decide who I want and don't want. The only way that would change is if there's a player the manager knows and trusts who is available now.
I didn’t say buy them now. My point was there’s no point in hiring Ancelotti and paying him and his staff, 60/70mil in wages to just buy young players.

I didn’t say buy them now. My point was there’s no point in hiring Ancelotti and paying him and his staff, 60/70mil in wages to just buy young players.

Need to shift the >26 year olds in the current squad that aren't delivering and replace them with signings the manager trusts to deliver leadership and quality going forward.

The general transfer strategy should still be, in the main, to buy promising younger players (<25) who have a big upside and sell on value.

I agree though that buying young players only works if the experienced players lead and carry some of the weight. You saw how United did this in the 1990's when the likes of Neville, Beckham, Scholes emerged. They were brilliant but so where the experienced heads who remained during those 1st few seasons. To a degree we saw this 1st hand on Sunday with the performance of Lallana. In a team full of youngsters he took responsibility. That's what we need from our older, more experienced players. Think Delph could be a good one for this. Think others in the squad are probably not cut out to carry that responsibility

Sunday told Ancelotti all he needed to know about our squad.
Spineless,gutless cowards the vast majority of them.
I would keep
Pickford
Digne
Mina
Holgate
Gbammin
Gomes
Bernard
Ricarlison
Kean
DCL
The rest with no exceptions i would bin off
Only 5 possibly 6 of those should start our first game of next season

Pickford

NEW
Mina
NEW
Digne

Gbammin
Gomes
NEW
NEW

Ricarlison
NEW
If we get an upgrade on Gbammin /Gomes all the better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back