Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we’ll have to agree to disagree then as I’ve never considered Richarlison a winger. Even when he’s meant to play there he’s always inside.

Plus I never said he was better or preferable to any of them? I’d much rather Bernard over him (not Iwobi out wide) all I’m saying is he’s been a really effective actual winger this season for the most part. Start of the season he was our best player by a mile.
By that definition isn't he also our only winger? Being the best winger in a field of 1 is not a challenging task.

But how has he been our most "effective" winger when he hasn't scored a single goal this season?

He's had a handful of decent games but overall he's been poor, file under Morgan, siggy etc needs to go

Definitely needs to go but it doesn’t mean for the most part he’s not played well. Again, same with Bernard, people need to stop staring at the goals/assists column to judge a player.

Definitely needs to go but it doesn’t mean for the most part he’s not played well. Again, same with Bernard, people need to stop staring at the goals/assists column to judge a player.

To a degree I agree 're goals and assists

But when it comes to Walcott i don't see much else what he offers, Bernard for example does far more on the pitch... he gets back to help digne, he gets on the ball, he moves inside, he make a things happen

Walcott literally just stands on the touchline and spends most of the game running into players, he never tracks back

Just don't see what he offers at all

In general I prefer what Bernard can bring but he’s not been as good this season. Not sure how that’s confusing.
Bernard hasn't played much and when he has he hasn't looked fit imo. You also stated that Walcott was our best actual winger which implied the other playears in that post were not actual wingers, hence the confusion.

Either way if Walcott is our best winger and we plan on playing wingers (Ancelotti's comment about more crosses would suggest they have some role to play) then we need new wingers. (I'm not sure I've ever used the word winger more in a sentence!)

Bernard hasn't played much and when he has he hasn't looked fit imo. You also stated that Walcott was our best actual winger which implied the other playears in that post were not actual wingers, hence the confusion.

Either way if Walcott is our best winger and we plan on playing wingers (Ancelotti's comment about more crosses would suggest they have some role to play) then we need new wingers. (I'm not sure I've ever used the word winger more in a sentence!)

I said actual winger because personally I don’t consider Richarlison to be a winger.

Again, I never said we don’t need new wingers I’m just sticking up for Walcott as for the most part he’s been dangerous. Not so much last few games though. First half Liverpool for example he was great.

Doesn’t matter, he’s clearly not a winger. He possesses none of the attributes of a winger.

Well it does matter otherwise he wouldn't constantly keep playing there and scoring goals

And he does have like

He's fast pacy and can beat a man, things a winger should have

( I prefer him up top as well btw )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back