Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats your opinion obviously AC Milan have a different opinion on the player.

How has he cost the club millions? easy, the fee and sell on we get for Robinon has likely been spent on giving Baines a 1 year contract extention. 6 months latter the lad we chose to bin, moves to AC Milan for 6-10 million.

Now if Baines, goes in the summer, which is very likely, we need to go out and drop what 10 - 20 million on a new left back.

Millions wasted, its massively poor.

So he stays with us and refuses a new contract unless he's given assurances about his time on the field. Do you think anyone is paying 10m for a championship standard player with 6 months on his deal?

The player peice is subjective, he may go on and be great or he may tank.

But the reality is there is a huge market for the lad, 6 months after selling him - that is poor business and poor judgement.

I dunno mate - your argument here seems to be that we should have kept him on as Digne's deputy this season. There's a market for him because he's played regular football, which wouldn't have been the case if he stayed and he probably wouldn't have developed the same way. He wanted to leave to play first team football. I don't see how that's bad judgement. When this goes through, we've netted about £3m for a lad who's never played a game for us. If he goes on to prove to be the level required at someone like Milan or Everton, good for him. He didn't have a pathway to the first team here, so he's done the right thing. The main mistake here was probably the short contract the previous regime gave him which meant we didn't have much room for manoeuvre last summer when it came to deciding his future.

Exactly. It's shameful that Niasse didn't take a move to the Championship where he would have got more games. Clearly wants to stay for the money. Tarnished himself in my eyes
Which makes absolutley no sense. He'd STILL be getting the money regardless. He has a contract with us, going on loan isn't going to invalidate that contract. Why would he just want to sit and not do a single thing? I'd be really surprised if he even continues in football at any appreciable level after this, at least by playing he could TRY to show he has SOMETHING about him.

Thats your opinion obviously AC Milan have a different opinion on the player.

How has he cost the club millions? easy, the fee and sell on we get for Robinon has likely been spent on giving Baines a 1 year contract extention. 6 months latter the lad we chose to bin, moves to AC Milan for 6-10 million.

Now if Baines, goes in the summer, which is very likely, we need to go out and drop what 10 - 20 million on a new left back.

Millions wasted, its massively poor.
He was never seen as good enough for us though so he was never ever in contention for our left back slot. Taking the money worked at the time.

Moving to Milan doesn’t mean he’s any good either, we signed 2 players in Martina and Niasse who weren’t good enough for the PL. I’m sure Milan fans are pretty surprised at this too.

How has he cost the club millions? Antonee Robisnon is not good enough for the premier league. He sold him for the best offer on the table in the summer to get his wages off the books in his contract year.

AC Milan are wildly overpaying for a bang average player who will, in GOT world, now be looked back on as the Roberto Carlos that got away.
I know we're not allowed to criticise Brands generally, but it's not a great look when a player you sold 6 months ago moves again for 6 times the price is it? It doesn't mean he made a balls up, I haven't seen enough of Robinson this year to know, but just on paper it doesn't look like a great bit of business does it?

I know we're not allowed to criticise Brands generally, but it's not a great look when a player you sold 6 months ago moves again for 6 times the price is it? It doesn't mean he made a balls up, I haven't seen enough of Robinson this year to know, but just on paper it doesn't look like a great bit of business does it?

As I've said to me it looks terrible business.

AC Milan have bought an average player at 500% of the price they could have had him for 6 months ago.

how is 6m 6 times 2m?
we should just keep every player in the academy until they're 40 from now on

I dunno mate - your argument here seems to be that we should have kept him on as Digne's deputy this season. There's a market for him because he's played regular football, which wouldn't have been the case if he stayed and he probably wouldn't have developed the same way. He wanted to leave to play first team football. I don't see how that's bad judgement. When this goes through, we've netted about £3m for a lad who's never played a game for us. If he goes on to prove to be the level required at someone like Milan or Everton, good for him. He didn't have a pathway to the first team here, so he's done the right thing. The main mistake here was probably the short contract the previous regime gave him which meant we didn't have much room for manoeuvre last summer when it came to deciding his future.

Wel its personal opinion, we did have a number of options, we had a choice whether to give baines a new contract, or go with a player with potential - he defintiely has that if Ac are dropping 6-10 million - we decided to bin - that is poor judegment.

We had many options:

We went with Baines, and Robinson paid for his one year deal. We need to go out now and pay 10-20 mill on a back up left back, or just keep the Cuco Martinas of this world.

We had many options, we could have loaned him to Wigan for 6 months, he would have played and we would be in the same position, but getting millions.

Bad judgement in my opinion. Massive clanger dropped.

Who signed off on the deal to sell Robinson, rather than loan him out? He showed promise & something to work with long term, £2mil for a multi million pound company is barely a drop in the ocean so who thought it was a good deal? Sack them

????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back