Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
BREAKING:

Mason Holgate signs for Newcastle!

66E35444-3366-4766-A18C-CFEC46915E53.webp

Newcastle want Holgate? Out of our 3 younger players Him, DCL and Davies, Holgate is by far the best prospect. Must be lazy journalism because I wouldn’t think Newcastle are stupid enough to waste there time even trying for him.

I wouldn't blame Newcastle at all for being interested. I'd be very disappointed if we entertained any approach. Unless it was to bring cash in to get in a massive upgrade - but then why wouldn't Newcastle go get that massive upgrade player themselves as I'm sure they'd be aware of him.

Could just be putting out the feelers. Interesting rumour.

Just my opinion but there's a level of quality in Grealish that stands out that I've never seen from any of the Norwich players. The fact that we can name Grealish as the guy to get from Villa while Norwich have a list of names like Cantwell, Buendia, Godfrey, Aarons etc. is telling.

I know he's injured now but that McGinn from Villa is the business as well.

Gana, Villa...great stats when they went down.

Some of Norwichs players also have great stats and are much younger and faster than our current 'elite' squad :)

Precisely. Weve even seen first hand how one weak link can damage the whole team.

One of my old faves...

I'll pull out some 'mum and dad' jokes if youre not careful...

Max Aarons at right back is the one id go for...Godfrey would easily get in our squad as would several others.

Just because a team is bottom doesnt mean ALL their players are poor.

Weren't the likes of Robertson, Wijnaldrum and Shaquiri all signed from bottom / relegated sides? As well as Gana, obviously.

Spurs went and got that Sessegnon kid in the summer post-relegation, although he's not done a great deal there yet.

I think there's value to be had at that end of the league with the right players - rather sign players looking to push on than ones taking a step down for big money.

Keeping Baines, I dunno, hes done well when hes come in, but at 35, I dunno, that then leaves us with needing a back up LB.

Keeping Coleman is a no brainer.

As for Sidney, I like him, I see his faults, but hes a great attacking tool, but considering his question marks we would probably need another RB, so considering money seems a little tight, the better option might be to retain Sidney and spend our money on our other priorities.

Sales will determine which areas we can focus on in the Summer and the next few months will determine if Sidney can settle in a bit better.

But if we did keep Baines, Sidney and Coleman, thats the fullbacks all sorted for 12months for 13m.

When you consider RB 30m, LB 15m RB 15m, as I said, its a no brainer, would rather that 30m went elsewhere personally.
Sidney

Ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back