Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the end of summer we need to have added a striker, a right winger, a central midfielder and a centre half, and that's not forgetting that Sidibe isn't our player either. So that's half a starting XI needing to be bought. Big ask.

European football is vital for attracting top players otherwise they are coming for the money.
There is a great chance of European football next season, If that means spending in Jan then we spend in jan.

No one decent is going to come to us with no European football. If they do come they settle in get relaxed and do a siggurdson and just pick up money.

See I just don't agree mate based on who we've got in.

Gomes came with no european footy. Richarlison, Kean, Digne, Mina. So good players can come without european football.

And to be honest, I think we are missing a few more Richarlisons - players who are with smaller clubs that can make the step up.

Nathan Ake is the type i'd like us to be looking at. Dropped from Chelsea and completed his apprenticeship at Bournemouth.

He's not the sexiest name but he'd come with something to prove. How many of our players could you say that about?

These types of lads will only be available in summer and won't reject us over Europa League. Just my take.

European football is vital for attracting top players otherwise they are coming for the money.
There is a great chance of European football next season, If that means spending in Jan then we spend in jan.

No one decent is going to come to us with no European football. If they do come they settle in get relaxed and do a siggurdson and just pick up money.

I think players will come more for the project than Europe next season. Nobody is kicking down our doors to play Thursday night football is Kazakhstan.

If our goal is to get regular Champions League football down the line within a new ground and a world class manager in charge then they could be tempted.

And money of course, lots and lots of money...

The point is more than the timing of January often co-incides with the right player not being available. And purchasing anyway has led us down this garden path.

The players we should be after won't be available in January 9/10 because they should be the best players in their respective sides, who won't want said player leaving mid-term.

I agree on the point regarding the euros but do we want to be spending big money on players motivated purely by a tournament in a summer?

We aren't going down and so in my mind we now have to take stock and spend very carefully.

Pre contract players , players wanting games because for euros . There is options in January

d8w613x-9f91b3c8-5666-4de6-909f-11bfb1d0f4a1.jpg
we need to strengthen the fence

See I just don't agree mate based on who we've got in.

Gomes came with no european footy. Richarlison, Kean, Digne, Mina. So good players can come without european football.

And to be honest, I think we are missing a few more Richarlisons - players who are with smaller clubs that can make the step up.

Nathan Ake is the type i'd like us to be looking at. Dropped from Chelsea and completed his apprenticeship at Bournemouth.

He's not the sexiest name but he'd come with something to prove. How many of our players could you say that about?

These types of lads will only be available in summer and won't reject us over Europa League. Just my take.
We should be going for, grealish mcginn, choudary (snide), foden (loan). There are players out there. for a striker we need to go foreign

Pre contract players , players wanting games because for euros . There is options in January

Pre-contract players are summer signings so i'm not sure how it would be helpful now?

And I agree, players wanting to get in their international squads...but that doesn't mean they are players we want on 3 or 4 year deals.

I think players will come more for the project than Europe next season. Nobody is kicking down our doors to play Thursday night football is Kazakhstan.

If our goal is to get regular Champions League football down the line within a new ground and a world class manager in charge then they could be tempted.

And money of course, lots and lots of money...
You won't just go from no European football to champions league. It's slow progression, you need to show you can beat the el teams before you can beat the cl teams.

Wouldn’t it save us all a lot of time, hope and frustration if the January window opened at midnight on 30th Jan and closed at midnight on 31st Jan? If anything is going to happen that’s when it will be!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back