Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ideally we would have had someone lined up and ready to slot in by mid January. But the fact is we didnt. So any signing would have been a panic buy and unlikely to be of sufficient quality.

I'll be relieved if we keep our powder dry and avoid throwing an extortionate sum at someone else's cast offs.

Its imperative the summer is used widely though. That means keeping our best players. And getting a centre half, centre mid, wide right attacker and ideally a goalkeeper.

I would love to know what the hell Brands is upto. Starting to worry me he is.
I’m not even fully bothered if we don’t sign anyone if that means we are in pole position to sign our top targets in summer. What worries me is that I don’t have full faith that we’ll do that in summer if we don’t finish around the European spots, plus moving the absolute dross on the wage bill, successfully glue Gbamin’s leg back on...we still have a long rebuild ahead
There are some real positives in around the mess that being said like

I would love to know what the hell Brands is upto. Starting to worry me he is.
Probably got 3 things in mind...

1. Identifying players that will properly improve squad, that we may have to wait until summer to get.

2. Not busting financial fair play rules of which we appear right on the edge of doing.

3. Not panic buying a quick fix that isnt a longer term plan, saddling us with even more average skilled / high salary players.

(Or sitting with feet up having a smoke and a pancake).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back