Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

All of our best players have been bought by Brands. People can slate him as much as they want. Give me Digne Bernard Richarlison Gomes Mina Delph Sidibe Kean, any day over Schneiderlin Siggurdson Keane Klaasen Martina Tosun Walcott etc.
Except that the best one of that lot...richarlison was in fact thanks to silva. A player for which supposedly we received a 85 million pounds bid just days ago. When we can make a profit on any of the other signings from brands on that level then perhaps we can say he is done a good job. So far it's a big fat no for me.

95% of the forum was screaming at me for saying Walcott (especially) was a crazy signing.

Not sure how that relates to signing players in January though...

If we had signed Walcott in a summer window the result would be the same.

Easy to look back in hindsight at Walcott and Tosun but at the time it looked like we would be in a relegation scrap and our striking options were DCL (before he was useful) and Niasse. It was the right thing to get a short term solution, we just shouldn’t have given them long contracts and massive wages.

Easy to look back in hindsight at Walcott and Tosun but at the time it looked like we would be in a relegation scrap and our striking options were DCL (before he was useful) and Niasse. It was the right thing to get a short term solution, we just shouldn’t have given them long contracts and massive wages.

I didnt use hindsight at the time when i said Walcott was a stupid signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back