Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was deemed not good enough.
We sold him and included a sell on clause.
He has had mixed performances for US national team.
What we did is fine.
If we kept him he would not be getting sold for that fee as he would not have played for us.
Baines will be kept as backup for another season, a role he has done really well this year.

We spent £6m on Lewis Gibson who has not had a sniff and I don't know why people are upset about AC Milan signing Robinson for the same price. These Italian clubs seem to be signing more and more young players based in Scotland and England, seems to be a trend but it doesn't mean Robinson is going to be one of the world's best left-backs in two years.

Yes good point. The truth is that England (and to a degree Wales and Scotland) are currently producing a number of top draw young players. However a mixture of conservativism from clubs, the immediacy of results thats generated by the media, and the financial pressures of relegation means they don't get given much game time. For clubs in slightly slower, more technical, less pressured leagues, these players represent a wonderful opportunity.

I think it's also really good for the lads involved to go abroad. I think it will help the national team immeasurably in years to come.

We spent £6m on Lewis Gibson who has not had a sniff and I don't know why people are upset about AC Milan signing Robinson for the same price. These Italian clubs seem to be signing more and more young players based in Scotland and England, seems to be a trend but it doesn't mean Robinson is going to be one of the world's best left-backs in two years.

If we spent £10m on Robinson people would be complaining. But as we haven't people are complaining we sold him instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back