January Transfer Window 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you personally think we didn't bring a striker in?

We had a budget for players which we spent and also spent the Rom money but after that we were not in a position to bring in a striker because Ross never went.

You might be right. But had we sold Barkley and bought a striker with the proceeds, we would still have had a net spend of over £40m. That is not sell to buy! With a sel lot buy position you either break even or make a profit. You don't spend £40m

You might be right. But had we sold Barkley and bought a striker with the proceeds, we would still have had a net spend of over £40m. That is not sell to buy! With a sel lot buy position you either break even or make a profit. You don't spend £40m
It's not much in this day mate. Up till this window I had believe we would see massive investment regardless of who was sold but the timing of players we brought in along with positions we didn't fill has me doubting it.
Happy with the direction we are going. Think would have been a cracking opportunity 8f the manager got in all he wanted.

I always prefer to look at the positives.....

tumblr_mkksksk6jk1s3kc0io2_250.gif

I'm saving that one for a rainy day.

Thanks ;)

Giroud will be an interesting one

By January he will know what his role at arsenal is and if he's just a super sub he may leave for pastures new to be the main striker elsewhere

His missus likes shopping too much by the sounds of it.

I don't think the Sports Direct in Liverpool One would sway her mate

Status
Not open for further replies.