January Transfer Window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marcus Thuram (striker at Borussia Monchengladbach) has been linked with Newcastle and Atletico Madrid in the last 48 hours - both mentioned on the BBC gossip page, citing other sources.

Out of contract in the summer. Might be affordable in terms of transfer fee, but it's hard to see how we could offer more wages than Newcastle, or a more attractive overall package than Atleti.

Right now I'd sell Keane and Mina to anyone who will take them. Free up two spaces in the squad and about £200k p/w in wages. MAYBE bring in £10m combined in fees.

Reinforce central defence with Evan Ndicka from Frankfurt. Maybe a £12m fee, four year deal at £60k p/w. Perhaps offer Mina as part of the deal?

Bring in Viktor Tsygankov from Kiev to play wide right. Maybe £10m fee, three years (with an option for one more) at £60k p/w.

Beyond that, we need a striker... Moffi isn't going to be available. Blackburn will reject anything short of silly money for Diaz. Thuram is probably the best fit out of anyone with a contract nearing its end.

Marcus Thuram (striker at Borussia Monchengladbach) has been linked with Newcastle and Atletico Madrid in the last 48 hours - both mentioned on the BBC gossip page, citing other sources.

Out of contract in the summer. Might be affordable in terms of transfer fee, but it's hard to see how we could offer more wages than Newcastle, or a more attractive overall package than Atleti.

Right now I'd sell Keane and Mina to anyone who will take them. Free up two spaces in the squad and about £200k p/w in wages. MAYBE bring in £10m combined in fees.

Reinforce central defence with Evan Ndicka from Frankfurt. Maybe a £12m fee, four year deal at £60k p/w. Perhaps offer Mina as part of the deal?

Bring in Viktor Tsygankov from Kiev to play wide right. Maybe £10m fee, three years (with an option for one more) at £60k p/w.

Beyond that, we need a striker... Moffi isn't going to be available. Blackburn will reject anything short of silly money for Diaz. Thuram is probably the best fit out of anyone with a contract nearing its end.

Wouldnt sign Ndicka...we dont need any new centre backs, even if we can shift two out.

Also it seems as though the likes of Price, Mills and Cannon will be in the first team squad which may allow us to move out players like Rondon, Doucoure, Townsend.

Tsygankov has to be a target. Not sure why Moffi wouldnt be available? Money talks.

Wouldnt sign Ndicka...we dont need any new centre backs, even if we can shift two out.

Also it seems as though the likes of Price, Mills and Cannon will be in the first team squad which may allow us to move out players like Rondon, Doucoure, Townsend.

Tsygankov has to be a target. Not sure why Moffi wouldnt be available? Money talks.
Moffi has a couple years left on his contract and is in great form. His club has no reason to sell. It would take silly money to get them to budge.

Bringing in Ndicka now allows us to sell Holgate in the summer, which massively helps our finances... Leaves us with Coady, Tarkowski, Godfrey, Ndicka and Branthwaite to start the season in August '23 (presuming we make Coady permanent, and sell Keane & Mina as per my suggestion).

Price, Mills & Cannon should be in the first team squad, agreed.

Moffi has a couple years left on his contract and is in great form. His club has no reason to sell. It would take silly money to get them to budge.

Bringing in Ndicka now allows us to sell Holgate in the summer, which massively helps our finances... Leaves us with Coady, Tarkowski, Godfrey, Ndicka and Branthwaite to start the season in August '23 (presuming we make Coady permanent, and sell Keane & Mina as per my suggestion).

Price, Mills & Cannon should be in the first team squad, agreed.

His contract is up in 2024 so 1.5 seasons.

For the defenders:

LB: Mykolenko (ISS in a couple of seasons to force himself into the squad.

CB: Coady + Tarkowski would be first choice with both 'only' 29 and not reliant on pace could be solid fot 5 seasons. With Branthwaite and Welch as backup coming through

RB: Patterson with no other rotation options.

Jan/Summer I'd look to move on:
Mina
Keane
Godfrey
Holgate
Nkounkou
Coleman

Bring in LB, CB, RB all on loan or short term deals for a season so ISS, Branthwaite and Welch have clear pathways and Patterson has a steady backup.

In theory we clear £35mil+ and £350k a week wages.

Use that cash on someone in the Patterson, Onana, Gordon age bracket who can play wide or up top.

His contract is up in 2024 so 1.5 seasons.

For the defenders:

LB: Mykolenko (ISS in a couple of seasons to force himself into the squad.

CB: Coady + Tarkowski would be first choice with both 'only' 29 and not reliant on pace could be solid fot 5 seasons. With Branthwaite and Welch as backup coming through

RB: Patterson with no other rotation options.

Jan/Summer I'd look to move on:
Mina
Keane
Godfrey
Holgate
Nkounkou
Coleman

Bring in LB, CB, RB all on loan or short term deals for a season so ISS, Branthwaite and Welch have clear pathways and Patterson has a steady backup.

In theory we clear £35mil+ and £350k a week wages.

Use that cash on someone in the Patterson, Onana, Gordon age bracket who can play wide or up top.
I understand the thinking and the maths, but I would worry that leaves us a bit light in terms of cover if a suitable loan can't be found. It would also be a significant amount of change in a short space of time, which might prove hard to pull off. Doesn't mean we shouldn't consider it though!

Welch is totally untested at Prem level and I think I'd like to see him go out on a loan (or two) like Branthwaite has this season. And Branthwaite might benefit from another loan himself.

Ndicka is very possibly available now, and fits the "profile" we should be looking at. He WON'T be available in the summer, so there is an element of "if we want him, we have to get him NOW" to my thinking. He's younger than Holgate and has achieved more IMHO, so I'd have him in the squad ahead of Holgate, Mina and Keane.

Maybe not at all.

The game always was, still is and probably...hopefully...always will be - Both won and Lost in the Midfield
Canada couldnt convert.Belgium, long pass ,Mishy did the two defenders 1-0.Thats how it finished.
Not much midfield in that movement, prize went to Belgium.
If Canada had had Ronsldo they win 3-0,or more.
But i do agree, to be a consistant ,top side you need a top defence, top midfield , top forwardline.
We have a none existant forward line that is a threat, occupies,worries defences, midfields scores.
An average Premier League forward line, we would be 10 points or more better off.
We are shocking in personel and form.
Frank has to sort it for his job.
Moshiri has to sort it to stop his investment losing £300million.

Canada couldnt convert.Belgium, long pass ,Mishy did the two defenders 1-0.Thats how it finished.
Not much midfield in that movement, prize went to Belgium.
If Canada had had Ronsldo they win 3-0,or more.
But i do agree, to be a consistant ,top side you need a top defence, top midfield , top forwardline.
We have a none existant forward line that is a threat, occupies,worries defences, midfields scores.
An average Premier League forward line, we would be 10 points or more better off.
We are shocking in personel and form.
Frank has to sort it for his job.
Moshiri has to sort it to stop his investment losing £300million.
A fair points, but you have to stop thinking of midfield as a defined and finite area limited to certain players.

There's nothing new under the Sun it is said, nor nothing new about a a player dropping back...false No.9
Hidegkuti did it in the early 50s and said - We constantly changes position, so where we lined up at KO was irrelevant.

Nor is there anything new about a player...any player...stepping forward and playing a ball from deeper position because the opposition have pushed up compressing the play and this alleged mythical Mid Field is not in the actual middle of the field.

Hot funk, cool punk, even if it's old junk
It's still rock and roll to me...Or Mid Field

A fair points, but you have to stop thinking of midfield as a defined and finite area limited to certain players.

There's nothing new under the Sun it is said, nor nothing new about a a player dropping back...false No.9
Hidegkuti did it in the early 50s and said - We constantly changes position, so where we lined up at KO was irrelevant.

Nor is there anything new about a player...any player...stepping forward and playing a ball from deeper position because the opposition have pushed up compressing the play and this alleged mythical Mid Field is not in the actual middle of the field.

Hot funk, cool punk, even if it's old junk
It's still rock and roll to me...Or Mid Field
Yep i get it, totall football.But id like a fighting fit DCL , with a Ritchy type partner .A Mitrovic,a Haarland,Tonney , Inges.
It keeps the oposition honest,worried thinking twice.
The AG,F G D Mc types Pattison types can then join in, set pieces ect.Max out Jordans distribution.

We are impotent, a shambles in that department.If it continues we get relegated and deserve to Frank, Moshiri.

Yep i get it, totall football.But id like a fighting fit Dominic Calvert-Lewin , with a Ritchy type partner .A Mitrovic,a Haarland,Tonney , Inges.
It keeps the oposition honest,worried thinking twice.
The AG,F G D Mc types Pattison types can then join in, set pieces ect.Max out Jordans distribution.

We are impotent, a shambles in that department.If it continues we get relegated and deserve to Frank, Moshiri.
I'm not sure you do, as you're still blathering on
“Listen! Behold, a sower went out to sow. And it happened, as he sowed, that some seed fell by the wayside...
...Some fell on stony ground"

Still, it passes the time and keeps the click-o-meter ticking over.

Status
Not open for further replies.