2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

This lad is clearly only going to the top but I genuinely think it would be better for him to stay for one more season develop some more and then move on he's guaranteed playing time here that he won't get instantly anywhere else
When he moves he will get a massive pay rise and play for a team challenging for trophies.

I think thats worth more to the lad than fighting for 17th with Everton.

I would assume that any club who pays 60-80m for the lad intends on playing him, so I dont really think he needs to worry about game time.

If I put myself in the shoes of a decision maker at the top clubs then look at Branthwaite...

...the fees for the DMs last year were insane e.g Rice, Caicedo & Lavia.

Yes its a different position but given the choice of Rice or Branthwaite -- purely on potential and age id be after Branthwaite.

His value will only increase. Same as Rice.

We have him on a decent deal and should build around him for 2 seasons.

I think Onana is a good player, love seeing him in our shirt.

But if the money is right and we can sell and bring in 3 u21s across the 11 we have no choice.

Have to keep branthwaite at all costs.

2pts for playing along yet flouting the rules.

Its still a big number but if you invested your life savings into a house and saw its value increase substantially...and felt it would continue to increase...

Wouldnt you live hand to mouth 12months to get the extra money?

Disagree 100%

He wasnt even starting for the u21s last summer and now hes in the full england squad.

Hes in front of Englands number 1 so knows he will be 'seen' and as his performances continue will surely believe thats an advantage.

He also has Myko & Tarks next to him which gives him 'freedom' to play his game -- as weve seen bringing the ball out.

If i was him id choose the game time and experience...unless Madrid come in big.
So you would be happy working your arse off and performing to your highest standards while your colleagues around you aren’t putting it in or aren’t capable of doing the job they’re supposed to do? Then a bigger much better organised company come in for you? You’d continue wiping everyone’s arse? He will be gone in the summer, 1 because other teams will be in for him to get him at the best price they can now and 2 we have no money and need it and 3 why would he want to stay around. You’re mentioning he wasn’t even a regular last season in the u21s and still hasn’t been capped but you’re expecting £100 million. And who would want myko along side them? 😂 Myko looks ok because he has branthwaite along side him not the other way round.

So you would be happy working your arse off and performing to your highest standards while your colleagues around you aren’t putting it in or aren’t capable of doing the job they’re supposed to do? Then a bigger much better organised company come in for you? You’d continue wiping everyone’s arse? He will be gone in the summer, 1 because other teams will be in for him to get him at the best price they can now and 2 we have no money and need it and 3 why would he want to stay around. You’re mentioning he wasn’t even a regular last season in the u21s and still hasn’t been capped but you’re expecting £100 million. And who would want myko along side them? 😂 Myko looks ok because he has branthwaite along side him not the other way round.

I moved overseas for work at a 'young' age.

I was offered alot more at other firms after a year...and it didnt stop.

But i chose to stick in the firms who were tier three instead of jumping to tier one.

Why? More responsibility, growth with quick promotions and trust and i knew in the future it would show me to be loyal to other firms with 2 or 3 years high performance in a tier 3 place...

Football is of course different. However, being the superstar at Everton while playing with Pickford & Tarkowski may benefit him more than joining United or Chelsea.

Hes still young. Probably settled and YES as a Centre back to have Tarks and Myko either side and Pickford behind id expect he can 'express' himself more...than if he had an attacking left back next to him.

When he moves he will get a massive pay rise and play for a team challenging for trophies.

I think thats worth more to the lad than fighting for 17th with Everton.

I would assume that any club who pays 60-80m for the lad intends on playing him, so I dont really think he needs to worry about game time.
He would develop more being here for another year. Look at city they signed that defender can't remember his name but he's hardly had a look in etc