2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
"We reject your bid of £35m. We do not wish to sell Mr Branthwaite, who is under contract for three more years, however are aware that the player would entertain a transfer to a club competing in European competition. As a result we have agreed to negotiate a transfer if any bids starting at £75m are received. As we are insulted by your offer, however, the price for you is £85m. Should you wish to discuss a potential transfer, we advise you only to contact us again if you are prepared to offer £85m cash. We would additionally insist on a series of performance and achievement-related add-ons to any transfer."

Dont forget the part where we paint him as a rat and tell the media that he begged to leave and threatened to go on strike.

We ALWAYS have to paint them as the bad guy first.

(Typing this I realised we dont ALWAYS do it, Richarlisons exit was pretty smooth).
That's because I think we're all aware he won't really make it at Spurs and end up back here on loan in a year or two

Hope we finally grow a pair and only accept the type of prices Brighton get for their players. That horrible Tory [Poor language removed] Ratcliffe should be made to dig deep.

The likes of John Terry and Rio Ferdinand were global names when they played for England.

Branthwaite can be the same.

We're talking about keeping him another season. Only. But why only one more season?

Many disagree but if said he is not for sale at ANY price and then sold Onana most people would prefer that.

If then, we used those incoming funds and made a bid for Wharton (yes im repeating myself) would that not encourage Branthwaite to stay, and stay longer?

Pickford--Branthwaite--Wharton will be the starting spine of the England team for the next few years. Why can they not be 3 of our starting spine?

The ONLY way to compete at the top is to build a team to compete at the top. You do not do that selling your best young players.

To rebuild we need to sign MORE young players. Look at United, all you hear about them is Mainoo, Garnacho and Hojlund.

We have to target either the Wharton's or the Chermiti's and grow -- but around those players and Branthwaite.

The takeover means bidders will see a totally different set of accounts if we sell Branthwaite. A major asset being sold during a takeover is not normal.

If the takeover goes through soon and the new owners have money to put into the squad then perhaps we can hold onto Branthwaite?

Selling him certainly doesnt give me confidence in new ownership.
What?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back