2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Care to elaborate here please.
The most commonly used name by City fans to describe their cross-city rivals is the term "The Rags", this is due to a period after World War II where United were given use of City's Maine Road stadium after Old Trafford had been bombed by the Luftwaffe.

War banter it seems.

Or maybe not.

How United became the 'Rags'

by Gary James’ from "Manchester - The Greatest City".

It appears the name was given to them by their own fans.

During the 1930-31 season, United were in a wretched state. The club teetered on the brink of bankruptcy and were attracting crowds of less than 4,000 for some games - despite still being in Division 1.

Harry Hughes, a City fan working in Trafford, tells this story:

“I worked in Trafford then, and all the locals were United fans. I was working nights and when Saturday morning arrived a couple of them asked ‘are you going to see the Rags today?’ I didn’t know what that meant, and then they explained that United fans had started to call their own team the ‘Rags’ because they were so poor and that their kit looked liked rags. So after that I knew who they meant, but when I mentioned the Rags, they’d go, ‘who the Hell are you talking about?’ They didn’t like the opposition saying it.”
The poor level of support continued throughout the 1930s. When war broke out in 1939 an immediate ban was placed on the assembly of large crowds. The joke doing the rounds in Manchester was that United would have nothing to worry about.

The most commonly used name by City fans to describe their cross-city rivals is the term "The Rags", this is due to a period after World War II where United were given use of City's Maine Road stadium after Old Trafford had been bombed by the Luftwaffe.

War banter it seems.

Or maybe not.

How United became the 'Rags'

by Gary James’ from "Manchester - The Greatest City".

It appears the name was given to them by their own fans.

During the 1930-31 season, United were in a wretched state. The club teetered on the brink of bankruptcy and were attracting crowds of less than 4,000 for some games - despite still being in Division 1.

Harry Hughes, a City fan working in Trafford, tells this story:
Thanks for clearing that up, I was indeed seeing something not there. I'll butt out quite happily. Adieu.

Manchester City have revealed the price of last season's historic Treble after becoming the first club in British football history to spend more than £400 million ($498m) on annual wages.

The reigning Champions League, Premier League and FA Cup champions have reported record revenues on £712.8m -- an increase of £99.8m ($124m) on the previous year -- in the club's Annual Report for the 2022-23 season. City's profits increased to £80.4m from £41.7m the year prior.

City continue to contest 115 Premier League charges, covering a nine-year period from 2009, for breaching the league's financial fair play regulations.

The club's rocketing wage bill saw salary costs, including the annual £45m salary of striker Erling Haaland, jump £69m to an overall £422.9m last season, despite the club employing 56 fewer football staff than the previous year.

City added Haaland, Julián Álvarez and Kalvin Phillips to their squad in the 2022 summer transfer window and offloaded Raheem Sterling, Gabriel Jesus and Oleksandr Zinchenko. The club's salary costs were also increased by the payment of player bonuses following success in winning the three competitions last season.

In contrast to City's record high wage bill, neighbours Manchester United reported an annual wage bill of £331.4m last month -- £91.8m lower than the salary costs at the Etihad Stadium.
Why don't you ever cite where you copied your comments from?

Why don't you ever cite where you copied your comments from?
If you click on any of the blue writing it takes you to the source.

I normally do cite sources.

Its ESPN in case you care.

But the source didnt matter in this case due to them using published accounts.

Here you go.