2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Nobody knows for sure when it is claimed that we need to make sales before the 1st July to prevent a PSR breach. It could be true, but it might not be?

If it is true, then Branthwaite could only be sold to clubs that have the room in their own accounts to make a 60 - 80 million pound purchase within this accounting period, which must be a very small pool of clubs.

What clubs are capable of spending 60 - 80 million pound within this accounting period, without causing their own breach of PSR?

What has £60mil-80mil got to do with Branthwaite? Theres no correlation.

What has £60mil-80mil got to do with Branthwaite? Theres no correlation.

If we are really in a position where we MUST sell before 1st July, we aren’t going to be in any sort of position to be demanding more than 80 million pound.

Further, the point I’m making about other clubs PSR position would become even more relevant.

I don’t think there are many clubs that could add another 50 million pounds worth of expenditure to their current accounting period without breaching PSR.

You would be reducing the pool of clubs even further if we were hoping to receive more than 80 million by the 1st July. Who has the room to add that level of expenditure to their accounts before 1st July?

If we are really in a position where we MUST sell before 1st July, we aren’t going to be in any sort of position to be demanding more than 80 million pound.

Further, the point I’m making about other clubs PSR position would become even more relevant.

I don’t think there are many clubs that could add another 50 million pounds worth of expenditure to their current accounting period without breaching PSR.

You would be reducing the pool of clubs even further if we were hoping to receive more than 80 million by the 1st July. Who has the room to add that level of expenditure to their accounts before 1st July?

We dont have to sell him.

Whatever we could get for him now, we could get in 5 years.

Agreed

We dont have to sell him.

Agreed

I hope you are right, but I think there is considerable pressure to sell, whether that be before the 1st of July or after.

The interest payments on our debts are killing us. Of course, I don't know the exact amount, but I've seen people say that they may be about 60 million pound a year in total. This cannot continue; the debt needs to be repaid so that we are relived of the interest payments.

I hope you are right, but I think there is considerable pressure to sell, whether that be before the 1st of July or after.

The interest payments on our debts are killing us. Of course, I don't know the exact amount, but I've seen people say that they may be about 60 million pound a year in total. This cannot continue; the debt needs to be repaid so that we are relived of the interest payments.
He's not right. He lives in a cloud where we're a financial giant where we can play hardball with the likes of Real Madrid and over fees. Bless him

Vultures circling
Gobby gabby on talksport touting 40 or 50mil for him
Why do our clearly talented players always get 'sold' for less in media?
If maguire was 80mil
Fofana 50
Caicedo 115mil
then 40 or 50 mil is insulting
Also has English tax
Personally I hope we keep him somehow

Vultures circling
Gobby gabby on talksport touting 40 or 50mil for him
Why do our clearly talented players always get 'sold' for less in media?
If maguire was 80mil
Fofana 50
Caicedo 115mil
then 40 or 50 mil is insulting
Also has English tax
Personally I hope we keep him somehow
Because we have no money.