2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously it branthwaite wants to go he will go. We have been in this position before when we have been a better team, lescott, stones, lukaku, felliani.
Get good money, by a replacement that will develop. It’s how new owners need to run the club.

At some point you need to keep your best players and build a team on top of them.

Sell and reinvest is a brighton business model, we need to be back to being a top 6 club. This requires signing players and not selling the best ones.

For me, Id sell Onana and go to Palace for Wharton and Leeds for Gray.

Build the young English core around Branthwaite. If he sees us adding quality he may stay like Pickford.

If we sell this lad before the new owners come in, the board should be hunted down and garrotted.

If we sell him before a new buyer then be wary of the new buyer.

They could easily make it a condition of sale that certain players are not sold.

At some point you need to keep your best players and build a team on top of them.

Sell and reinvest is a brighton business model, we need to be back to being a top 6 club. This requires signing players and not selling the best ones.

For me, Id sell Onana and go to Palace for Wharton and Leeds for Gray.

Build the young English core around Branthwaite. If he sees us adding quality he may stay like Pickford.

If we sell him before a new buyer then be wary of the new buyer.

They could easily make it a condition of sale that certain players are not sold.
The days of us cherry picking the best players from teams like Palace and Fulham are gone. Thanks to TV money they now operate at the same level as us. We need to buy from abroad or the lower leagues.

I worry Moshiri will see the sale’s this summer as a final way to claw some money back as he sells the club and pockets money to make up up for the perceived low ball bids for the club. I think he’ll take what he can rather then hard ball the teams buying from us

…..rumours not going away, I can see the move to United happening. £60m + £10m add-ons would be my guess.
It seems like pressure tactics from United using friendly press. Surely the new owners will want to keep him and sell Onana

United are the worst club he could go too. They are dysfunctional and miles behind the top clubs in the league

If you go to United you probably rule out ever playing for City in the future so how much silverware would you ever win

It seems like pressure tactics from United using friendly press. Surely the new owners will want to keep him and sell Onana

United are the worst club he could go too. They are dysfunctional and miles behind the top clubs in the league

If you go to United you probably rule out ever playing for City in the future so how much silverware would you ever win

….its a matter of ‘needs be’ and the urgency of income before the end of this month.

Think the new owners will look like the old owners.
We are not having an owner coming in promising to push for top four.
We will never generate the funds to compete with the Red teams. We will also never have the investment of Newcastle or Man City.
We can hope to be a well run club, but involves us buying emerging talent, selling when we have developed the talent and investing in more emerging talent.
The business model is based on us being self sufficient and safe in the premier league not gambling on taking on us to champions league success.
Football is no longer a sport at our level…

Just watched a fella on youtube @ForEver united tv spewing that Branners is worth 40 mil. The unrealistic self importance of these manc whoppers is off the scale.

To them maybe. To us he's worth easy double that. Only have to look at the defensive record last year and the amount of clean sheets. He plays a huge part in both. It pretty much kept us in the league. 40m is insulting.

Sold Gordan for similar and I'd expect Newcastle to demand double that now.

…..rumours not going away, I can see the move to United happening. £60m + £10m add-ons would be my guess.

I agree. Think there is a deal to be made where we meet in the middle of our valuations. We won't be rinsed but we also won't get the fee we are expecting or hope for.

Think the new owners will look like the old owners.
We are not having an owner coming in promising to push for top four.
We will never generate the funds to compete with the Red teams. We will also never have the investment of Newcastle or Man City.
We can hope to be a well run club, but involves us buying emerging talent, selling when we have developed the talent and investing in more emerging talent.
The business model is based on us being self sufficient and safe in the premier league not gambling on taking on us to champions league success.
Football is no longer a sport at our level…
Why would we never have the investment of Newcastle or City. Nobody saw those takeovers coming until it did

We will sell as nearly all clubs do but we can stabilise and keep our best players for as long as we can rather than selling straight away. Branthwaite should be kept for another year unless we will go under without selling him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back