2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re skint, we need to sell, Utd fully aware and will pay nowhere near what he’s worth

being skint and needing to sell doesn't mean we should bend over and let ratcliffe abuse us.

they are fully taking the pi55, i'd be inclined to report them actually, tapping up, making bids they know full well wont be accepted to try and get branthwaite to push for the move.

being skint and needing to sell doesn't mean we should bend over and let ratcliffe abuse us.

they are fully taking the pi55, i'd be inclined to report them actually, tapping up, making bids they know full well wont be accepted to try and get branthwaite to push for the move.

….the reality might be that they’ve been given permission to agree personal terms in case a deal needs to be pushed through in the next few weeks.

….the reality might be that they’ve been given permission to agree personal terms in case a deal needs to be pushed through in the next few weeks.

nar can't see that, i think everton have been pretty clear from the sources i've seen, we want him to stay unless a big fee comes in, so i don;'t see on that basis they would allow branthwaite to speak to clubs.

What the hell is this supposed to mean from Fabrizio Romano

Normal fee???

“The real issue is Everton, they have no intention to negotiate a normal fee or an acceptable fee. At the moment, they are asking for big money, something around £65-70m, not less than this.”
Right, shows the agenda there.

If its absurd we are holding out for more money because hes not worth it, then WHY would they return with another bid when they can just go get one of the many CBs available for a "normal" fee of 35m.

Because they dont want those others guys, because they are nowhere near as good.

We will not be skint in future, I hope the new board & owner get rid of the necessary deadwood of playing staff & keep the core of the team that kept us up ;)
Even if it means ripping up Ashley young's new contract & paying him off ..... too old too slow we need two good overlapping full backs & a decent back-up for DCL ..... & two fast wingers who can beat a man & supply crosses .....

Normal fee???

“The real issue is Everton, they have no intention to negotiate a normal fee or an acceptable fee. At the moment, they are asking for big money, something around £65-70m, not less than this.”
Right, shows the agenda there.

If its absurd we are holding out for more money because hes not worth it, then WHY would they return with another bid when they can just go get one of the many CBs available for a "normal" fee of 35m.

Because they dont want those others guys, because they are nowhere near as good.
It their attitude showing here, that’s demonstrative of why top six clubs think they can lord it.

Man U aren’t the force they were. They’re 2008-2013 Everton with shirt sales and cash.

Normal fee???

I get what you’re saying but could this be a ‘lost in translation’ thing? I speak to a lot of different European nationals at work and they say ‘normal’ a lot meaning like ‘standard’ or ‘average’. I think he might be saying their bid is average money, we expect the top end for a young center back and have no intention of accepting less… and most important if these reports are true we’re absolutely right!

Honestly if I’m Branthwaite I’m a little bit put off by that opening bid… he’s worth double.

Not that I expect It - but it would be brilliant if we can keep him for another season.

As keeps saying whatever we can sell him for now we can sell him for in a few years anyway.

I dont think Moshiri will sell any (major) assets without The Friedkin group giving the green light.

Perhaps by the end of the window we have a clearer picture of their intentions?

We could sell him for a large fee enabling PSR to be off the table while a sizeable squad strengthening takes place.

Or we could hold onto him as a sign of intent that we want to build something, with the addition of other similar high potential players.

Sell him and bring in short term signings which goes against what Roma are looking to do.

It their attitude showing here, that’s demonstrative of why top six clubs think they can lord it.

Man U aren’t the force they were. They’re 2008-2013 Everton with shirt sales and cash.

Theyre a global monster with merchandising and branding.

However, their ground is falling apart and they are no longer even the best team in their city.

Hojlund, Mainoo and Garnacho are their three players who they will build around. I think they have a window here where they need to add similar e.g Branthwaite. They have to quickly build a new young team.

The money is there at the moment but if they dont succeed then other clubs could overtake them causing those players to want to leave.

Their brand isnt going to last forever without success.

We have Branthwaite and they have their three. With Friedkin, perhaps we are able to bring in another two like Branthwaite and climb the table competing with them.

Everton with the new stadium could be a team and club on the up and United may struggle unless recruitment is spot on.

If we sell, it should be for an insanely high fee. I wouldnt sell at this stage.

nar can't see that, i think everton have been pretty clear from the sources i've seen, we want him to stay unless a big fee comes in, so i don;'t see on that basis they would allow branthwaite to speak to clubs.
Well he’s either been given permission or he hasn’t. If he hasn’t I’d follow Southampton’s approach and report Utd for tapping him up the way they did with Van Dyke and the rs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back