2023/24 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the hell is this supposed to mean from Fabrizio Romano

Normal fee???

“The real issue is Everton, they have no intention to negotiate a normal fee or an acceptable fee. At the moment, they are asking for big money, something around £65-70m, not less than this.”

Yeah, I've said before it's a bit mad when it's a club who have notoriously overspent on awful players. The narrative now they have Brexit Jim is that they "won't be bullied" and make the same mistakes.

There's a difference between paying the money for someone good and paying the same for rubbish.

Ben White went to Arsenal for £50mill after a season in the championship/1 season at Brighton. If you want a 6ft 5 left footed English centre back unicorn...there's a benchmark

Its makes no sense as Man U will re-coup a fair chunk in transfer fees and wages saved this summer. No need to send such a low ball offer in and potentially wreck a chance of a deal.

Players that are very likely to leave or are leaving; Evans, Casemiro, Antony, Christian Eriksen, Victor Lindelof and Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Martial, Varane, and maybe Rashford.

There are also six players out on loan; Jadon Sancho, Mason Greenwood, Donny van de Beek, Facundo Pellistri, Hannibal Mejbri and Alvaro Fernandez could all make permanent moves.

I imagine that list is greater than entire payroll just koff up you [Poor language removed] or find another club to rip off.
Unless a Saudi team come in for Casemiro then nobody will pay his salary leaving United on the hook for over £36 million over the next 2 years. Good luck with that!

Unless a Saudi team come in for Casemiro then nobody will pay his salary leaving United on the hook for over £36 million over the next 2 years. Good luck with that!
Wouldn't be the biggest surprise if a Saudi team did come in for him. But if one of them did that would be extremely helpful to them.

or how about we do the decent thing and honour the contract and not play billy big bollox to Carlisle whilst also complaining that Utd are playing billy big bollox to us

So United putting in a low offer is the same as Everton offering Carlisle an upfront payment to remove a clause.

Interesting turn of events.

People dreaming about him staying its not happening whether we sell Onana, Pickford and DCL, Branthwaite will also be off. 1st of all we can’t offer the wages he will get elsewhere add to that whether we sell we will still cash in on what will mostly all be profit from his sale, we aren’t in a position to keep him although another season here wouldn’t do him any harm we’re still in a steady the ship transition which we will probably remain in for another couple of seasons. Hopefully a takeover gives us some kind of plan of action moving forward but unfortunately that will be without Branthwaite.

People dreaming about him staying its not happening whether we sell Onana, Pickford and DCL, Branthwaite will also be off. 1st of all we can’t offer the wages he will get elsewhere add to that whether we sell we will still cash in on what will mostly all be profit from his sale, we aren’t in a position to keep him although another season here wouldn’t do him any harm we’re still in a steady the ship transition which we will probably remain in for another couple of seasons. Hopefully a takeover gives us some kind of plan of action moving forward but unfortunately that will be without Branthwaite.
He’s contracted to us on the wage he agreed

IF we sold onana and no one meets our valuation for branth then he may well still be here next season

Well, thats that then...kids crying, ice creams melted & the tide has gone out.

On a positive note, that is a lot of white dog dirt....dont often see that thesedays.

Well, thats that then...kids crying, ice creams melted & the tide has gone out.

On a positive note, that is a lot of white dog dirt....dont often see that thesedays.
This is due to the general improvement in canine diets, with people moving away from tinned chum and spending more/spending better with their furry friends.

It was the poor diet coming out at the other end and reacting with the air that turned the excrement white as it aged.

And after all that, I think Branthwaite is on his way irrespective of other sales, because I believe Utd will eventually meet our valuation, so long as we don’t have to sell for PSR or whatever.

"Acceptable fee." They paid 80m for Macguire and that was a few years back prices don't go down. It's a perfectly reasonable fee. This is all briefed from the United end. If they don't up their offer they won't get him simple. Surprised other clubs haven't come in yet.
Timing is everything. We have to sell and they are currently the only suitor. I don’t want another season of this PSR hanging over us. If it means selling for £55m and then we don’t have 6 months of rumours of points deductions to worry about then so be it. New owners come in and we start again. I back Dyche and Thelwell to bring in a CB that can do a job alongside Tarks.

If we are able to raise the funds required by June 30th another way then great but I don’t see it

Timing is everything. We have to sell and they are currently the only suitor. I don’t want another season of this PSR hanging over us. If it means selling for £55m and then we don’t have 6 months of rumours of points deductions to worry about then so be it. New owners come in and we start again. I back Dyche and Thelwell to bring in a CB that can do a job alongside Tarks.

If we are able to raise the funds required by June 30th another way then great but I don’t see it

I wouldnt be concerned about points deductions this coming season tbh.

We are not finishing in the european places neither are we going to get relegated. If we cannot sell Onana before the deadline, take the 4-5 points on the chin.

Its a stupid rule that we shouldn't be abiding by. Sell players on your own terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back