Confirmed Signing Jean-Philippe Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.
EA_JqTlX4AAgyE_

Everton's star. And I'm talking about Contract Dave.
I'm a fan of contact Dave like the next man but why are his eyes so close together, its rather disconcerting

If you put all the announcement vids with quotes into one long video it would be a lot like the intro bit to Geordie Shore from back in the day

Looks quite similar to Gana to be fair. Perhaps not quite as good at actual tackling, and I doubt he has Gana's sixth sense for hunting down loose balls, but appears quicker and more powerful.

...I wouldn’t get too hung up on Gueye comparisons, I expect they’ll be different types. I expect this lad will have the ability to go beyond an opposition player and transition to attack with a burst of pace that takes us 20 yards up the pitch. He’ll have powers of recovery that help him keep up with counter-attacking opponents.

Gueye was brilliant harrying and chasing players in that area in front of the back four, this lad could just be a bit different.

...I wouldn’t get too hung up on Gueye comparisons, I expect they’ll be different types. I expect this lad will have the ability to go beyond an opposition player and transition to attack with a burst of pace that takes us 20 yards up the pitch. He’ll have powers of recovery that help him keep up with counter-attacking opponents.

Gueye was brilliant harrying and chasing players in that area in front of the back four, this lad could just be a bit different.

I don't have any expectations really. I think you're right, they won't be the same, and it looks like we'll be moving more towards a midfield of all-rounders, but just watching a couple of videos I can see similarities.

Status
Not open for further replies.