Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Jelavic - half season hero?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We built our team around Cahill, which could sometimes isolate the main striker.

We've just replaced him with Fellaini.

Replace Jelavic with Johnson, Yakubu, and Saha with varying degrees of individual skill

All we need to do is play some through balls for him. Just now on MOTD when they were highlighting Fellainis play today you saw Jelavic in space wanting the ball to be played through for him to run on to but it never happened.

And its not the first time.

All we need to do is play some through balls for him. Just now on MOTD when they were highlighting Fellainis play today you saw Jelavic in space wanting the ball to be played through for him to run on to but it never happened.

And its not the first time.

This. Tbf watching the game yesterday I noticed jelavic in the center forwards posistion asking for a through ball which never came. Maybe with Gibson back that will improve. A stat yesterday said something like we play 60% less cross's when gibsons in the side!

we should have a plan B - if Jelavic becomes a passeger in a game like he on occasion recently has, he should be sustituted - it is no use flogging a dead horse - get yourself a new horse - even if it is just for half a game

I thought he played very well yesterday, his play has come on a lot and the spaces he takes up and how he occupies defenders is very important in our system.

For me his goa lscoring is linked to Pienaars form, he needs quick ball on the deck, Pienaar being the most effective at this.

I thought he played very well yesterday, his play has come on a lot and the spaces he takes up and how he occupies defenders is very important in our system.

For me his goa lscoring is linked to Pienaars form, he needs quick ball on the deck, Pienaar being the most effective at this.

Agree.

He did as well as he could have done whilst being isolated away from home at the current champions.

This. It will come.

I think there's a direct link between Mirallas and Jelavic too. Mirallas creates space for Jelavic to make good runs (think Southampton). Don't think its a coincidence that since Mirallas has been out our play has been fairly one dimensional and the boss slotter is getting no chances.

I think there's a direct link between Mirallas and Jelavic too. Mirallas creates space for Jelavic to make good runs (think Southampton). Don't think its a coincidence that since Mirallas has been out our play has been fairly one dimensional and the boss slotter is getting no chances.

I think Gibson being out has hampered him a little too. Gibson always looks to play the forward pass whether it be to the wings, up front or a through ball to the striker.

I think Gibson being out has hampered him a little too. Gibson always looks to play the forward pass whether it be to the wings, up front or a through ball to the striker.

Essentially, we've got three players who can pass. Two of them have been injured, and one has been woeful this year. *gazes over to Jags who looks delighted by his 60 yard punt

Essentially, we've got three players who can pass. Two of them have been injured, and one has been woeful this year. *gazes over to Jags who looks delighted by his 60 yard punt

Hopefully we can get that best XI playing together a bit and see if they're as good as we hope they are. It's such a pity our squad is paper thin, at least Oviedo looks like an attacking player who we can bring on at some point, that Moyes actually trusts.

*looks at Barkley*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back