Jimmy Husband RiP

Eggs

Player Valuation: £100m
The club has announced the passing of Jimmy Husband aged 76. I distinctly remember the dashing no10 playing in the 1965 FA Youth Cup and he was always a favourite of mine. A fabulously talented player, some say scorer of the greatest Everton goal and I won’t be alone in remembering the Dave McKay tackle.

Thanks for the memories Jimmy, always one of ours.

IMG_8214.jpeg

Jimmy played in my first visit to goodison 1968
One of my favourite players at that time he was called skippy because he had
Diffrent way when running with the ball he also had quite a big scar on his right cheek
RIP JIMMY

So sad to just read this.
A more than reliable player when called to play in the first eleven. There were too many good players in front of him to enable him to be a first team regular staarter but when called upon never let the side down.
Was one of Cattericks Cubs in the FA Cup final in 68 but missed a sitter heading over the bar from a few yards out. I often wonder if that weighed heavy on him after that.
RIP.

I remember him especially from the 69-70 title winning season.

I think it was the season before we smashed Leicester 7-1 at home, Joe Royle got a hat-trick with all the assists probably coming from Jimmy's crosses (Jimmy scored a penalty). I was 8 years old, nearly 9, and it was one of the first matches if not the first match I went to without my Dad (went with a mate).

The number of assists he must have given to Joe Royle over time as well. Went to Luton after us and then USA.

RIP Jimmy.