Jimmy Husband.

The one against Chelsea? Still one of the best goals I've seen.

Puskas, the Panathinaikos manager, was at that game and picked Jimmy out as one of our most dangerous players. Took them about 5 minutes to crock him.

Did well at Luton after he left us - a lovely player to watch when he was in full flow.
I think it was v Chelsea. I remember chatting to a lad on here about it but not 100% if that’s the goal we agreed about. The papers were full of “the greatest goal at Goodison”.
The Puskas thing was despicable! They trained at Liverpool’s training ground and my dad was incandescent that Shankly had tipped them off!! They didn’t need any help with the dark arts to be fair and it was a heartbreaking run of games in Spring 1971.
Ironically he was playing for Luton the night we lost there in a run of bad defeats that cost us the league in 1975, I think-Carlisle, Sheff Utd, Luton.

The one against Chelsea? Still one of the best goals I've seen.

Puskas, the Panathinaikos manager, was at that game and picked Jimmy out as one of our most dangerous players. Took them about 5 minutes to crock him.

Did well at Luton after he left us - a lovely player to watch when he was in full flow.

I remember him especially from the 69-70 title winning season.

I think it was the season before we smashed Leicester 7-1 at home, Joe Royle got a hat-trick with all the assists probably coming from Jimmy's crosses (Jimmy scored a penalty). I was 8 years old, nearly 9, and it was one of the first matches if not the first match I went to without my Dad (went with a mate).

The number of assists he must have given to Joe Royle over time as well. Went to Luton after us and then USA.

RIP Jimmy.