Jimmy Husband.

A great read this link sums Jimmy up -https://www.toffeeweb.com/season/12-13/comment/editorial/24608.html

1710155206475.png

I think it was v Chelsea. I remember chatting to a lad on here about it but not 100% if that’s the goal we agreed about. The papers were full of “the greatest goal at Goodison”.
The Puskas thing was despicable! They trained at Liverpool’s training ground and my dad was incandescent that Shankly had tipped them off!! They didn’t need any help with the dark arts to be fair and it was a heartbreaking run of games in Spring 1971.
Ironically he was playing for Luton the night we lost there in a run of bad defeats that cost us the league in 1975, I think-Carlisle, Sheff Utd, Luton.
Carlisle, Sheff Utd and Luton - the stuff of nightmares. 2-0 up against Carlisle at home and Sheff Utd and lost 3-2, 1 up at Luton, battered them, let in two goals in 4 minutes and lost.
Lost the league by 3 points :(

I remember him especially from the 69-70 title winning season.

I think it was the season before we smashed Leicester 7-1 at home, Joe Royle got a hat-trick with all the assists probably coming from Jimmy's crosses (Jimmy scored a penalty). I was 8 years old, nearly 9, and it was one of the first matches if not the first match I went to without my Dad (went with a mate).

The number of assists he must have given to Joe Royle over time as well. Went to Luton after us and then USA.

RIP Jimmy.
Was in the Upper Bullens for that one. Jimmy Husband was brilliant. The mostly forgotten Gerry Humphreys scored two I think. Fern for Leicester.

Skippy was the second best player on the pitch that day, the best was Ian Story- Moore, he scored a hat trick and tore us a new one.
Frank Wignall led Labby astray that day - a former no9 we let go sought revenge - no one out played Labby - Frank had a point to prove - Jimmy played no 9 that day for us scored 2 goals - Big Joe was out injured ..... in the bag I thought then David Coleman gave the score out 3-2 defeat at the Grand National course - I was mortified ....

Frank Wignall led Labby astray that day - a former no9 we let go sought revenge - no one out played Labby - Frank had a point to prove - Jimmy played no 9 that day for us scored 2 goals - Big Joe was out injured ..... in the bag I thought then David Coleman gave the score out 3-2 defeat at the Grand National course - I was mortified ....
I was at the game Joey, Story Moore was terrific, so was Slippy. We were the better team on the day but we just couldn't cope with Story Moore.

I was at the game Joey, Story Moore was terrific, so was Slippy. We were the better team on the day but we just couldn't cope with Story Moore.
My old man was there too,his overriding memory was at the end coming out of the ground and my dad with his blue and white scarf had forest fans shaking his hand saying "great game wacker"......... different times I guess!!!

Was at that game. Great match. Jimmy was motm for me. Think it's on YouTube.

Same day that outsider Foinavon won the Grand National. Loads of blues with radios glued to their ears.....
Talking about the grand national I remember my dad watching Highland Wedding win the 1969
National then going to watch Everton v Chelsea evening kickoff we lost 1-2
The times I heard that story